The 8th edition of the world famous Le Mans Classic takes place from July 8th thru 10th on the Bugatti circuit under the colors of Richard Mille, the principal partner and official timekeeper for the competition.
The 2016 edition will begin on Friday, with the opening act: Group C Racing, a tremendous first for this competition.
This retrospective of past Le Mans 24 Hours, which attracted over 110,000 people for the 2014 edition, is also an opportunity to attend one of the world’s largest gatherings of exceptional vehicles, bringing together 60 carmakers represented by 160 automobile clubs for a total of 8,000 cars.
A partner of the event since its inception in 2002, Richard Mille celebrates the Le Mans Classic by creating a new watch for each edition of the race. This year, the brand will unveil the RM 11-02 Le Mans Classic, an automatic caliber in grade 5 titanium incorporating a variable-geometry rotor, annual calendar, UTC display, 24-hour flyback chronograph and countdown feature.The RM 11-02 Le Mans Classic bears the colors of the competition not only on the movement, but also on its white ATZ ceramic case-band and the rubber collar of its NTPT carbon crown.From the design of its pushers, the grooves of which recall the surface of vintage pedals, to the precision-machined crown reminiscent of a clutch mechanism by way of its baseplate, ribbed like an engine crankcase, the RM 11-02 is a limited edition of only 150 pieces.
The Le Mans Classic logo appears on the dial at 12 o’clock along with the number ‘16’, a nod to the start time of the endurance race.
– Automatic winding movement
– Power reserve: approximately 55 hours
– Baseplate and bridges in titanium, PVD-treated and wet sandblasted
– Annual calendar
– Flyback chronograph
– 24-hour counter at 6 o’clock
– Countdown function at 9 o’clock
– UTC display
– Free sprung balance with variable inertia
– Double-barrel winding system
– Bezel and caseback in white ATZ ceramic, caseband in NTPT carbon
– Chamfering and polishing performed by hand
– Microblasted surfaces with sapphire microbeads