Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a watch for some time now.

I've checked out a lot of different brands and seen some great pieces on here. Big fan of B&R and Panerai, just haven't pulled the trigger on anything.

Anyways, in my recent searches I came across a brand I had not seen before. Zuriner.

So I do a quick search on these forums of the brand, but no results. I found that surprising so I decided to make a post about it.

I am not a watch aficionado and certainly don't know everything, but these watches caught my eye and I would like any thoughts from owners or anyone who has any experience with them.

I have found some reviews and comments elsewhere on the internet. They range from glorified Panerai replica to, a nice and unique take on a classic. Almost all comments seem to say the build and quality is excellent.

Anyways, feel free to share some your opinions on it.

Here is some quick info on one of their pieces:
Limited to a production of 300 pieces
Swiss UNITAS ETA-6497 Movement, 17 Jewels, 21,600 BPH (3 Hz)
Manual winding, 46 hour power reserve
Stainless Steel (ASI Standard 316L) with DLC Coating case
Double-layered black dial with applied indexes painted with Superluminova
Flip-Open Stainless Steel Crown-Guard.
20 ATM (200 Meters, 660 feet) water-resistance
48 mm diameter excluding the Crown-Guard, 15 mm height, 24 mm strap width

Link to their site below:

Zuriner

zuriner.png

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I never understood the homage watches. Same thing as a knock off but for more money, why? If you want the style get the real thing and make it work for you not the other way around.
If you like B&R or panerai then just do some research and send out a dozen low ball offers on ebay, criagslist/wus/panerista and someone will take it. Wear it for a while and sell it for a small profit or worst case break even.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I never understood the homage watches. Same thing as a knock off but for more money, why? If you want the style get the real thing and make it work for you not the other way around.
If you like B&R or panerai then just do some research and send out a dozen low ball offers on ebay, criagslist/wus/panerista and someone will take it. Wear it for a while and sell it for a small profit or worst case break even.
sigh.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice watches. Well made. Good quality. Come with several straps and even spent some time on a very Bell & Ross looking box and presentation.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
they copied panerai and couldn't even do that right, the simpleness is the essence of a panerai. Also overpriced for what it is

·
Registered
521 Posts
if as a beater.. go for it.. but it rips off the style too much.
expect this : " hey is that a Panerai?" " no its a zurinnnrriererererererer" "....huh"

·
Registered
469 Posts
These guys are charging $1500 or so for their watches. Where can I get a Panerai for that kind of loot? Or even double that?

·
Registered
20 Posts
These guys are charging $1500 or so for their watches. Where can I get a Panerai for that kind of loot? Or even double that?
Although many people don't consider these "real" panerais, and they don't really have the classic simple style, you can get ferrari panerais for under $2500 right now

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
People get caught up in this mentality when buying.

Buy the Zuriner, GLWS. You won't get the cash back. Buy a Panerai, and it can be unloaded for minimal loss, if any loss at all. The people that can afford to throw $1,500 at a Zuriner on a day's notice, when you want to unload it, usually don't want an homage using an ETA.

·
Registered
469 Posts
People get caught up in this mentality when buying.

Buy the Zuriner, GLWS. You won't get the cash back. Buy a Panerai, and it can be unloaded for minimal loss, if any loss at all. The people that can afford to throw $1,500 at a Zuriner on a day's notice, when you want to unload it, usually don't want an homage using an ETA.
You misunderstood me. I was responding to someone who said something like "I don't understand why people buy homage watches. Just save a little longer and buy the real deal." My point was that you're not talking about the difference between buying a generic flat screen TV for $500 and a name brand for $600. You're talking about spending thousands of dollars more. While there are people on L4P who will spend $5000 on "the original" instead of $1500 for "the knockoff" that doesn't describe most people.

Also, your argument sort of defeats itself. If I bought this watch for $1500, I could, maybe, unload it for half that. But if I bought a PAM, I'd take a smaller cut percentage-wise, but a bigger cut in absolute dollars. Unless I got a crazy deal, of course. I have an Omega PO that I could probably sell for what I paid for it, but that was because I got a once-in-a-lifetime kind of deal on it...

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Also, your argument sort of defeats itself. If I bought this watch for $1500, I could, maybe, unload it for half that. But if I bought a PAM, I'd take a smaller cut percentage-wise, but a bigger cut in absolute dollars. Unless I got a crazy deal, of course. I have an Omega PO that I could probably sell for what I paid for it, but that was because I got a once-in-a-lifetime kind of deal on it...
I didn't misunderstand you. Why anyone would pay $1,XXX for a ETA/mineral glass piece, just for it to tank in value, is beyond me. An educated buyer doesn't take huge losses. Panerai--easy sell and no-brainer, for that scenario.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts