Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Cool...but had a decent driver hooked up in that ZR1 that porsche would have been toast. Maybe not off the line...but very shortly after.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Porsche = efficiency. Making the most of a relatively small engine and less power. Whats 638HP in a vette if it barely connects when it matters.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Cool...but had a decent driver hooked up in that ZR1 that porsche would have been toast. Maybe not off the line...but very shortly after.
I'm not sure if it would be "toast". With that much horsepower and torque you would think the ZR1 would have caught up to the turbo and passed it within the 1/4 mile easily.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Close race, the zr1 prob would have caught up at higher speeds but that 997 turbo is still super quick, thats my dream daily driver

·
Registered
740 Posts
That turbo was fast...it would have probably been passed around 135-150 mph or so.

I would like to see the turbo pdk vs the zr1, the zr1 would have had a tougher time against it. A recent comparo showed that the turbo with pdk was faster than the zr1 to 150 mph...showing the pdk is def much faster than the 6mt.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I think 60-130 would have been a completely different story with the ZR1 winning, however with the Porsche's TT's and four-wheel drive the 1/4 mile was a piece of cake for it. Just my 2 cents.

·
Deer Whisperer
5,493 Posts
Rigged video. Everyone knows the ZR1 should have won.

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
Havent got audio at work atm. But with its 4wd and pdk the new turbo is hard to keep up with.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
I've driven both , the Zr1 would catch up pass 150mph.. pdk and launch control defies the law's of physics..:D

but I do miss my '06 Z06, dangit, so much raw power and gives me like 24mpg...LOL

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Z06s and ZR1s are all about getting the launch just right. One mistake and you're letting off the gas for traction. However, all wheel drive will win constantly off the line. I would've like to see 30-150 but enough sour grapes. The new Porsche Turbo is incredible and I have a right testicle to trade for a new one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts