Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like everything else in the purse world this looks overpriced to me, anyone have a hookup on these? She better not be replacing Hermes with these :furious:

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
no picture of what you're talking about. and yes, ysl is another expensive brand.

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In general for future, surprised me on lunch when I checked the bank account, she had bought a purse and wallet thing over the weekend from Saks 5th Ave. The markup is insane, any reputable online or Chicago area stores that sell at a less of a markup?

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I'm not sure of retailers that are known for discounts, but I do know that Neiman Marcus was having a sale not too long ago. But I'm pretty sure you'd rather have your CC swiped for YSL, rather than Hermes. Hermes is CRAZY EXPENSIVE! I just hope my wife doesnt ask for another birkin bag.

·
Registered
452 Posts
YSL prices are steep as well but definitely not as bad as Hermes for sure. The stuff at Hermes for men is $$$$$ and the birkin bag has caused mayhem in the world of female bags! I am hoping whoever I meet in the future as my gf/wife does not know about hermes.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
ysl has a lower price point than vuitton and, definitely, hermes. their stuff also goes on sale once the new season inventory arrives at all retailers--unlike vuitton or hermes.

don't take her to lana marks either :)

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We already had a Hermes phase, I've been quite happy with her liking Coach. So the general consensus is there isn't many ways to get a lower price?

·
Registered
197 Posts
^^Not really.

Take your wife on a spiritual journey (Buddhist, zen, meditation, whatever) and maybe she'll come home less materialistic and just worry about spiritual happiness than material. Doesn't hurt to try :)

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Got my Girl a YSL bag, actually wasnt as bad as some of the others as far as price vs quality. Much better constructed than shitty over-priced LV

·
Registered
452 Posts
We already had a Hermes phase, I've been quite happy with her liking Coach. So the general consensus is there isn't many ways to get a lower price?
I think that is pretty much the case for Hermes :( always gonna be pricy so the only thing we can do is just hope that the gf/wife doesn't ask for it haha

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm not sure of retailers that are known for discounts, but I do know that Neiman Marcus was having a sale not too long ago. But I'm pretty sure you'd rather have your CC swiped for YSL, rather than Hermes. Hermes is CRAZY EXPENSIVE! I just hope my wife doesnt ask for another birkin bag.
+1 Hermes is ridiculously over priced for the quality you get, a 20k bag that looks the same as a 500.00 MJ bag come on...

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
hermes is priced accordingly to the demand. there is a reason lmvh (louis vuitton parent company) wants to try to buy the company. the work that goes into each piece is much higher than typical vuitton or other boutique brands.

i like their stuff but i choose not to break my budget on their leather goods :)

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Check out OUTNET. They are the discount arm of Net-a-Porter which is an online store that is certainly in same class as Nieman. Not the biggest selection but I did manage to find a Marni bag for 65 percent off. Still five hundred bucks but I know it is major quality. Getting any of the label whore brands that are popular on L4P at a discount is a true adventure. Don't get me wrong I love my Prada shoes.

·
Registered
521 Posts
i got lucky, I have nerdy gf. So video games/star wars/ and nerdy stuff is all she needs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts