Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally for me, I don't find the new super/ hyper cars appealing. Don't get me wrong I like the Porsche 918, Ferrari La Ferrari and Mclearn P1, but I rather have their predecessors instead. I'm not to into the hybrid setups that they received (I've always found hybrids as a gimmick to appeal to the masses). Yes the setup gives them insane track times and 0-60 times. Number though are just numbers. Cars need "soul" and feel alive, and it seems though they don't have a "soul", and are too tame unlike their predecessors. Like for example the Dodge Viper (mind that they aren't hybrids) it was as if they were developed to kill you once you poke the throttle. Then come the new generation of Vipers. SRT just gave them no "soul" and it's original touch was lost do to SRT making them a tame car. What i'm trying to get to is that it seems like what Exotics were built originally for (a fearing machine that doesn't car about fuel economy) is being lost and now becoming these tamed everyday drivers car that are meant to be practical. That's why the Gumpert Apollo will always be my number favorite and must have car. It's what a super car to me should be.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I approve, all they're doing is keeping up with the times. All that technology will eventually trickle down into most passenger cars.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I don't know about the whole automobile industry but i hate where Ferrari is headed so far. All of Ferrari previous line up is so more appealing than the current cars they have now with their copy and paste headlights on all models.

f430>458
599>f12
Enzo>LaFerrari

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with you full heartily. Ferrari, BMW, MCB, Meclearn, Lamborghini. They all have been copy and pasting. The only companies that I find interesting and "innocent" is your independently owned companies like Koenigsegg, Gumpert, Zenvo, Rossion, Noble, Ascari, SSC, etc... Pagani though is different story. Their new Huayra is to technical, quite, and looks like a cat fish gone wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts