Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we crowned Minetta Tavern the best burger in America (even though I was rooting for Corner Bistro before trying the Minetta burger) in a previous thread, but after eating this... I'm throwing it out there as the new #1.

"Chuck out everything you ever knew about making cheeseburgers, and get ready to beef up your burger repertoire.

Named the best burger in America by The Food Network, the 10 o’clock burger from Holeman & Finch Public House in Atlanta relies on fresh ingredients made from scratch. Executive Sous Chef Jason Paolini showed patrons how to make the famous burger at Taste of Atlanta over the weekend.

“The secret is making everything from scratch,” Paolini says. “We grind our own meat daily, we have a bakery that makes our own bread, we make our own pickles, we make our own ketchup and mustard. That’s what makes it so delicious.”

Don’t have a meat grinder? Don’t sweat it. Paolini gives some tips on how to replicate his masterpiece from home, with as much hassle as you’re willing to sacrifice."

You can haz America's best cheeseburger – Eatocracy - CNN.com Blogs

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
i haven't had it - but a trusted friend recently ate it - and he liked minetta better. i will also add 4505 burger (SF) as one of the best in America.

i'll definitely try it when in ATL - it's on my list

- chuck

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'll definitely try it when in ATL - it's on my list
Anything else on your ATL list?
I've done Holeman & Finch and Bacchanalia per your suggestion, huge fan of both.
A lot of people talking about Miller Union but I haven't been there yet.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
We really need to try this 10pm burger.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
it's available for brunch on weekends (with a lot more made)

whitlock - not much else on my ATL map. i wouldn't doubt there are some up & coming potential but i haven't kept up w/ it too closely.

- chuck

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yes! Just keep the parts menu out of sight and you two should be fine ;)

whitlock - not much else on my ATL map. i wouldn't doubt there are some up & coming potential but i haven't kept up w/ it too closely.

- chuck
Yeah I really miss NYC when it come to restaurants but Holeman & Finch makes my girlfriend and I feel like we are back home. Besides the burger the menu and cocktails are also spectacular.

Since we are down South now I'm trying to make it out to Charleston to McCrady's. On my to do list before the end of the year.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
No parts for us!!

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Yeah I really miss NYC when it come to restaurants but Holeman & Finch makes my girlfriend and I feel like we are back home. Besides the burger the menu and cocktails are also spectacular.
so you're a fan of the veal testicles? :laugh:

Since we are down South now I'm trying to make it out to Charleston to McCrady's. On my to do list before the end of the year.
since you're "down south" now, check out Blackberry Farm. my meal 4 years ago was good, not great, but it could make for a wonderful weekend. if you're into bourbon, you might have to ask for it, but they have a tremendous collection of local, artisan stuff,

the other place to check out - a bit further away - is Townhouse in VA. it's #1 on my "must go in the US" list - and i wouldn't be surprised that if, in 2-3 years, it really blows up.

- chuck

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've eaten some funky stuff but no testicles yet. Just not sure I could do it lol

Thanks for the recommendations Chuck, I'll be adding those to my list now.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
I've eaten some funky stuff but no testicles yet. Just not sure I could do it lol

Thanks for the recommendations Chuck, I'll be adding those to my list now.

Cheers

agreed - not sure if i could do that either :whistle:

- chuck

·
Registered
569 Posts
the other place to check out - a bit further away - is Townhouse in VA. it's #1 on my "must go in the US" list - and i wouldn't be surprised that if, in 2-3 years, it really blows up.

- chuck
Where is this Virginia restaurant that's on your list? We're big foodies in the DC area, and generally pull our restaurants from the Washingtonian Best restaurants list. Several have been very good, but there's been quite a few disappointments as well.

So always looking for a good recommendation in VA, I've seen a few of your reviews and it sounds like you know your food!

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Where is this Virginia restaurant that's on your list? We're big foodies in the DC area, and generally pull our restaurants from the Washingtonian Best restaurants list. Several have been very good, but there's been quite a few disappointments as well.

So always looking for a good recommendation in VA, I've seen a few of your reviews and it sounds like you know your food!

chilhowie, VA - i think it's 5-6 hours away from DC?

have you been to Komi yet?

- chuck

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yikes, I just did Google maps, and it is roughly 6 hours away down in the far southwestern tip of VA, further than NYC from here. The food looks amazing, though, from the few reviews I browsed through, it looks like one of those hidden gems that's still waiting to be discovered.

We haven't tried Komi yet, but I think it's about third on our list of next places to try in the area. We had a pretty bad experience at Jose Andres Minibar-Atlantico, and that discouraged us a bit since these meals are so expensive. But we've gotten back on track with several other good meals since. My overall favorites in DC so far have been CityZen and Inn at Little Washington; several other individual dishes from other places are amazing, but those were the two best overall experiences we had so far.

Might have to plan a trip that goes through Chilhowie one of these days!

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Yikes, I just did Google maps, and it is roughly 6 hours away down in the far southwestern tip of VA,
just drive a little faster :whistle:

- chuck

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Went again last night for my B-day.
Asked for lamb fries but they were out, popular last night lol.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts