Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, lets keep this simple.

--I was given an Xbox 360 from a friend of mine. He says that this was one of three Xbox 360's he owned and it "died" from the Red Ring of Death. So instead of sending it back (they are financially well-off) he just bought another one. Then that died and now he is on his third one. So I brought it home today and put a disc in and it turned on and the disc played. So I'm baffled! Do I buy accesories and games, etc and pray it doesn't relaspe or is has it been sitting so long now it has been "self-fixed"?

I don't know what to do because he says I can send it back to microsoft and pay a fee to get the internals re-done. But, it works! So I'm totally clueless..........help!

FYI Before this I have owned nothing but Playstations so I'm clueless as well on accesories, warrantys, games, etc.

ALL POSITIVE FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED!

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
play it until it red rings again. If he has done any of the fixes for the ring of death, most of those are temporary and you will see issues again after a few weeks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
play it until it red rings again. If he has done any of the fixes for the ring of death, most of those are temporary and you will see issues again after a few weeks.
Can't say it any better than that. It's been a few days, is it still working?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts