Luxury4Play.com banner

X5M, The beginning to current. New shoes and some mods.

11K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  2fst2c 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

My old man has always been into his cars but I think his X5M takes the cake. It has gone through several different transformation over the past year and I think he has finally settled on a pair of shoes for the upcoming spring summer months. Exterior is carbon black, with cinnamon leather. Mods include Niche 3 piece wheels, full Dinan tune, Akrapovic exhaust with carbon tips, Vorsteiner front valence and H&R lowering springs. I hope everyone enjoys as much as he does! My apologies in advance on some of the photos as they are taken with an iphone and may have various filters from my instagram.

First set of shoes a week after delivery.

Then he went with the black out grills

Then the performance mods, dinan tune and akrapovic exhaust

Then winter rolled around and he powdercoated the OEM wheels in a coppery orange finish

And the finally where we're at now!

And finally, a few pics of my E70 4.8 and his old Alpina b7

See less See more
#5 ·
That's still in the family somehow. Was my father's winter car while he had the alpina and sl before. Thanks a lot! I will pass it on to him.

I think the first rims were the best IMHO, looks great regardless
They definitely looked great but every time my dad passed the 100km/h + mark on the highway in the rain, the wheels would feel out of balanced. He then got the 5 spoke in the same colour way as the original set, which were sent back defective and returned and this was the final out come as per his request.

Where in BC are you from? Vancouver here
I'm in Gastown and they are in Vancouver/Kelowna.

#11 ·
Nice! Definitely a good SUV. I enjoy mine and the performance mods I did to it.
For the price, lb for lb, you can't go wrong with one of them. I would love to get the new body style in the alpine edition. Although I think they really dropped the ball with the new exhaust and wheels. I understand the practically of the new exhaust set up but at least make the wheels still staggered and aggressive!

Wow that was epic
Love the last set of wheels
Thanks a lot. He is now talking of a doing similar set on my moms rover.

amazing! thanks for sharing! Id agree w vtiracing that first set, really set it off.

aaahhh the legend B7 what a beauty man!
The b7 was great. Leg room and performance. The first set was definitely a little more edgy. Maybe he should have done the original set in this new colour way. Only problem with the first set was the water issue when driven in the rain. As soon as he hit 100km/h in the rain the whole truck vibrated and wheels felt out of balance.

#3 ·
I think the first rims were the best IMHO, looks great regardless

#13 ·
Great lookin truck! Love the new wheels ;)

Reactions: pKdthwsh
#17 ·
What did he lower it with? How did he like the tune/exhaust? Thinking of doing the same on mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.