Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Michael Fux's old one? ^

Car looks so good and enticing... but then I clicked the view all pictures link.... Ouch :X

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Tr3vor probably doesn't even have the money to buy a wrecked Pinto let alone a Gallardo or Enzo

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
well you don't know that --^

·
Registered
610 Posts
The only justification I can surmise for picking that up is such that you already have one that you flog regularly and just wanted OEM spares in stock.

Other than that, it's still a quarter mil for a completely irreparable car. No different than buying a prestigious racehorse that had developed scoliosis. In fact, that's a strangely appropriate analogy.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Holy shit
In the video, the front end looked pretty good, "we can buff that out" mentality.
Then they went around the car, Jesus. Someone thoroughly screwed up. Totally understand why its totaled now lol

·
Registered
229 Posts
Then they went around the car, Jesus. Someone thoroughly screwed up. Totally understand why its totaled now lol
It's not that bad.

Fender, front bumper, door = some work and paint
Replace rocker/quarter, rear bumper, and maybe the engine cover otherwise just work it out and paint
Then obviously a wheel, and whatever components are damaged/missing in there and inspect the tub.

Expensive fix for sure, but not a lost cause.
When that Enzo in California years ago was split in half, Ferrari was offering to fix it, so this is even less work.

And when you're all said and done, willing to bet it could be bought & fixed for under $1M.
I doubt people would pass up the deal on a cheap Enzo with a rebuilt title just to get in the club and no one on the outside would know the difference.
We thought about throwing a bid on it but got a little too pricey too quickly.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
It's not that bad.

Fender, front bumper, door = some work and paint
Replace rocker/quarter, rear bumper, and maybe the engine cover otherwise just work it out and paint
Then obviously a wheel, and whatever components are damaged/missing in there and inspect the tub.

Expensive fix for sure, but not a lost cause.
When that Enzo in California years ago was split in half, Ferrari was offering to fix it, so this is even less work.

And when you're all said and done, willing to bet it could be bought & fixed for under $1M.
I doubt people would pass up the deal on a cheap Enzo with a rebuilt title just to get in the club and no one on the outside would know the difference.
We thought about throwing a bid on it but got a little too pricey too quickly.
Looked to me like the rear axle had damage

·
Registered
229 Posts
Didn't watch the video until just now.
Axle itself looks fine, but the knuckle and some other related pieces look busted.
Thought the door was just scraped, but it's ripped open in a couple spots. Pics didn't look like the bags blew but those both did.

Still, this whole car could be fixed and I'd still say it could be a deal for someone looking to get a cheap Enzo and not worry about the history.
They're going for what, $2M-something, yeah I could see someone paying $1.2-1.5 for it if not a little closer depending on who does the repairs.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The rear axle has damage as well as the suspension. Also, having Push-Rod suspension means that if there is any damage, it is a bigger job compared to if it had conventional suspension. The rear bumper, clam shell and the front bumper will need to be replaced as well as possibly the right front 3/4 panel because it is possible that the carbon fibre has cracked. The door looks like it will need to be replaced as well as the bottom of it seems to have been torn off. The underbody has also been damage, however the severity cannot be assessed as of yet. This cosmetic damage will cost roughly $100,000 to replace after taking to my mechanic, who happens to have some close connections with Maranello after working there for a while. The main problem that we can see is if the rear subframe has been bent or damaged. If so you would be better off replacing the entire rear end except for the drivetrain. In addition to this we cannot assess if the carbon fibre tub/ monocoque has damage. If the tub is damaged as well as the rear subframe, the cost of repair will be almost the same price as purchasing an undamaged Enzo, this is not taking purchasing the car in the first place. This is why I think Michael Fux is selling the car/ not buying it back from the insurance company. I will see if my mechanic can fly out to assess the car, however I do believe that this is in fact a lost cause.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts