• YES

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • NO

Votes: 16 43.2%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been bitted by the AP bug pretty bad lately and have started to crave for one of the new 42mm ROOs, either the Safari or the Navy I think. In the last year, I added a stainless steel AP Diver and stainless steel 44mm Ceramic... these two watches are definitely part of my top 3 watches and now I feel like I need (want) a third AP. But that will cost me a pretty penny... in order to afford the third AP, I would need to sell part of my collection. So if you were me...

Would you sell the 5 watches on the right hand side of the pic below (PAM305, PAM183, Zenith Defy T-Open, B&R 01-96, and B&R 01-97 (plus probably a bit of cash) to get 1 of the new AP 42mm ROOs (either Safari or Navy pictured below)?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
The AP bug has gotten to me too but if I were you and you could already get 2, I wouldn't sell the 5 pieces for the third AP. But your money and your collection so do what you won't regret a little ways down the road

Edit: Keeping a little bit of variety in the collection keeps things interesting IMO

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I would. Most of those 5 while nice watches are not big boy watches
Or just marry a cool chick. My wife gave me a ROO rubber clad as my wedding gift

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
Yes 100%.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Naaah... i'd rather keep the "5"...
i know those new APs are really nice, but they are not LE.
Wait for sometime, can always buy them with better discount

·
Registered
52 Posts
I take it back. The movement in the Offshore 44 you have is the same as the 42 so it would be kinda lame from a collecting standpoint to be buying pretty much the same watch in a smaller case. Maybe you should go for something else. Trade the 5 watches including the Offshore 44 you have for a forged carbon/all-ceramic 44 haha.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well if your are selling, which I probably wouldn't sell.
I would be interested in the Pam 305 and the B&R 01-97 if you do decide to sell ;-)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Without a shadow of a doubt!!!
Sell those 5 to buy an AP (even if a third) which is a better watch.
No need to have quite so many watches imo. A couple nice tasteful ones is the way to go.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I voted yes. And if you do, I call dibs on the 183!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts