Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm torn between Blizzak LM-25 and Dunlop Wintersport 3D. I live in the suburbs of Chicago so when it snows...it snows. Unfortunately the rest of the season is bitter cold and slush / dry roads. Anyone with experience on either tire help me pick tire? Or can you recommend a different tire?

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
from my experience in Chicago driving probably 25 different, relatively high performance, cars on MANY different winter tires, I can offer you this advice; Go with a dedicated Winter Tire/Wheel set up, and go with the tire that has the best dry performance out of the Dedicated Winter tires available for your car. Yes, When it snows, IT SNOWS, but 90% of the winter days are just cold, but dry. These tires will do Very well in the snow, and be excellent on the cold but dry days.

Also, dont put them on until it is consistently below 40deg highs, and take them off when it starts to be regularly over 40. These tires will wear out FAST at temps over 40deg.

What kind of car are these going on?

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They will more than likely be going on a '06 Subaru Impreza. The tires will be going on the stock 16" alloys, I have a set of wheels that should be here mid-December but those won't see the street until late spring. The trend I have found has been Thanksgiving / Easter for the use of winter tires. From my own research it seems the Blizzaks are amazing for snow but not so good in dry cold, where as the Winter Sport 3Ds seem to excel at dry/slush and have decent snow traction.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts