Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about replacing the windshield on a Gallardo. While I don't believe that insurers in many states can raise your rates or require a deductible for windshield replacement, I don't think there is anything stopping an insurer from dropping you if they don't think they can make any money off of you. The price for an oem windshield replacement makes the windshield at least 800 dollars more than my yearly premium for the car. Anyone know if that is a legitimate fear?
My windshield has many hundreds of fine nicks in the windshield that makes it look perpetually dirty. It also affects visibility some when driving directly into sunlight. The number of nicks and their size makes it unlikely a simple repair would be effective. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
we replace them all the time. and ^ agreed you may have to look hard for that crack that happened while you were driving on the freeway. :whistle: let me know if you need help?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
isn't there a way to polish the glass? maybe you want to check with an auto glass shop?

insurance can raise premium i suppose. they look at profit vs loss ratio each time there is a claim. you can check with insurance agent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts