Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's lease on her '07 Infiniti M45 is going to be done in a few months, so I'm starting to look for another car for her. She's after something luxurious and sporty, and we're going for something under $50k and under $40k if we could. The SL500 is just too slow and the 550 is a little pricey. We've been checking '08 M3's, '05 Maserati QP's, and 06, 07 Cayman S's. What do you think about these cars and does anyone have any other suggestions. The QP looks good, but how is it on maintenance and reliability?

·
Registered
633 Posts
My wife had an 06 Cayman S and loved it, very reliable, and comparable on maintenance cost. Price should be less than 40k for 06-07 too. Also good reviews on the new XF jags too and you could get an 09 supercharged for that price range, or a brand new one in the "premium" version. That would give you a 4 door if you need one.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
IMO the M3 would be the best deal. The maintenance is cheaper then for the QP and Cayman. Also a QP wouldn't be that suitable as a DD, because of the reliability.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
jaguar xkr? they might still be a little expensive.
cayman s would be a pretty sweet choice too.
maybe a used SL55?

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
sl55s can be had for a song and a dance right now...I picked one up for my wife recently.
but if i were you, I would go for the m3..its newer and more reliable.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
m3 and cayman s are both excellent in reliability and maintenance cost. cant go wrong with either!

everyone is realizing value of a used car these days. used car prices have gone up in last 2 yrs. it'll take some time to find a great deal so plan ahead

1 - 9 of 9 Posts