Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that there isn't a Jaguar sub forum on L4P, why is this?

I just picked up a very low mileage 2011 XJL for my new daily and I'm extremely impressed by the car. Beautiful, powerful and very light on its feet. With models like the XKRS, F-Type and XFRS, I'd think the forum would have a sub forum for owners of such beautiful machines to chime in on...

I mean, we have a Lexus sub forum and no Jaguar?!!?

Reactions: darkgable79

·
Registered
257 Posts
The jaguar (/ˈdʒæɡwɑr/ or UK /ˈdʒæɡjuː.ər/; Brazilian Portuguese: [ʒɐˈɡwaʁ], Spanish: [xaˈɣwar]), Panthera onca, is a big cat, a feline in the Panthera genus, and is the only Panthera species found in the Americas. The jaguar is the third-largest feline after the tiger and the lion, and the largest in the Western Hemisphere. The jaguar's present range extends from Southwestern United States and Mexico across much of Central America and south to Paraguay and northern Argentina. Apart from a known and possibly breeding population in Arizona (southeast of Tucson), the cat has largely been extirpated from the United States since the early 20th century.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Any reason you don't like that S-type? Sure it has some Ford parts but its nice on the inside and decently fast for a heavy sedan.
I don't think anyone likes the S-Type. My uncle had one and it was a royal POS. It was in the shop all the time, and was very cramped inside. I think people will also gag when they hear X-Type.

Jaguar has come a long way though, the XFR is a killer looking car.

Reactions: One_Percent

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It took a while for my XFR to grow on me, but the annoying quirks are starting to give it character rather than frustrate me.
My XJL has a quirk or two that are a little annoying, but so does every other manufacturer. Doesn't stop me from loving my Jag and it does have more character than a lot of other cars on the road.

·
Registered
279 Posts
lets just say i bought my XKR vert over an m6, sl550, 911 and something else. looking at a 2013 XKR-S in blue

www.jaguarforums.com for all things Jag

2 years of ownership and no issues! i maybe it an Acura :) lol but no issues at all and 14k in 2 years

·
Registered
869 Posts
Any reason you don't like that S-type? Sure it has some Ford parts but its nice on the inside and decently fast for a heavy sedan.
Plenty of reasons why I don't like the X-Type.. Same reason (real) Porsche enthusiasts shun the Boxster.. They're a low quality example of what Jaguar is capable of. Hoping to produce for the masses and get volume up. They were a terrible car both in performance, style and reliability.

Don't fake-it-til-you-make-it, buy a car that's worth its value, not its emblem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My XJL has a quirk or two that are a little annoying, but so does every other manufacturer. Doesn't stop me from loving my Jag and it does have more character than a lot of other cars on the road.
thats the beauty of Jag owners....they love their cars/brand no matter what.

I too have an XJL (2012)....i love the car to death...but the damn entertainment system pisses me off. its so slow to react!! sometimes I have to wait a good 90 seconds before the rearview camera to come up.

but with that being said, i still love my Jag

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
thats the beauty of Jag owners....they love their cars/brand no matter what.

I too have an XJL (2012)....i love the car to death...but the damn entertainment system pisses me off. its so slow to react!! sometimes I have to wait a good 90 seconds before the rearview camera to come up.

but with that being said, i still love my Jag
Wait till you hit 60. You'll have to wait a lot longer than 90 secs for things to come up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts