Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MSRP was 82k. Now the cheapest used one i can find on the used market with 10k+ miles on it is 100k. what gives?

are the 14's all back ordered as well?

·
Registered
2,598 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
H J is correct, supply & demand.

You can't find them anywhere at MSRP if you don't have the connections. It's a popular item and this is the first major redesign in 10 years, so you've got tons of Range owners upgrading to the new body.

In addition to low supply, Land Rover corporate is making them a bitch to get your hands on due to exporters shipping them overseas. LR has cracked down hard. Dealers are getting charged-back if their units get exported to other markets, so as a result the dealers are tight butthole about who they let buy new. Tons of money still to be made exporting if you have the foreign contacts though.

Believe it or not the market has calmed down a ton. This summer the come-up was huge on them. You could easily find someone to give you $20k+ for your order slot. This is especially fun when you take into account that (at least at my dealers) getting your name on the list only took a handshake and a $1k deposit. If you had your name on a couple of them 6 months ago you were in the money big time.

You've got to speak to a great friend of mine. He allocates 6 figure cars for celebs, athletes, businessmen, etc. (no, NOT a broker) and somehow has been finding and getting these new-body Rovers all year, so he knows how to pull it off.

I'll PM you his contact info if you're interested in finding one.

- JB

·
Registered
513 Posts
I know our 2012 Autobiography (full size) was traded in simply because the owner wanted the new body style, nothing more (he paid a lot for that privilege). That person did not even order another Autobiography similar to what he was trading in, instead purchasing a silver 2013 Supercharged RR full size, for almost the same money he spent the previous year.

Really shows how much the new RR's have gone up. Our Autobiography with it's $17k special edition color was $152,000 out the door when new. That much money will not buy you a new body style Autobiography for a few years it seems (once depreciation sets in and the market calms down).

·
Registered
130 Posts
My brother is driving a 2014 RR sport autobiography for now while we wait another 8 months until his Full size autobiography comes in

1 - 8 of 8 Posts