Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm talking about someone twin turboing their C63, a la Ungroundracing and their Gallardo's

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think you don't see it because the R&D that goes behind creating a TT kit for something like this would be very expensive. So basically the Mercedes market for tuners is limited because not very many MB owners mod there cars in that way such as maybe BMW owners or Audi owners. It would not be very cost effective I think. Nonetheless the idea is great but I think it would take alot of money to put it in effect.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you don't see it because the R&D that goes behind creating a TT kit for something like this would be very expensive. So basically the Mercedes market for tuners is limited because not very many MB owners mod there cars in that way such as maybe BMW owners or Audi owners. It would not be very cost effective I think. Nonetheless the idea is great but I think it would take alot of money to put it in effect.
hmmm interesting point

·
Registered
156 Posts
LOL MB guys mod LESS than BMW/Audi:lol: Ever chk MBworld.org:wink:

·
Registered
78 Posts
LOL MB guys mod LESS than BMW/Audi:lol: Ever chk MBworld.org:wink:
Yes I came from MBworld.org, ran into a lot of your post on there but really I love MB but the tuning that is available for them isn't much. Honestly look at Bimmerfest why don't we have a benzfest. I do believe Havoc from mbworld.org tried to do a upgrade TT kit through VRP and the flopped for whatever reason last I read I might be wrong though. There are a lot of talented tuners out there that I'm sure could make a TT kit but why would you want to spend say maybe 40k-60k to get a C63 TT'ed it would be cool but doesn't sound cost effective. BMW has Supercharge kits and Turbo upgrade kits but even the cars that are MB supercharged just have pulley upgrades and not so much a complete supercharger upgrade.

So basically if a company took the time do develop a kit and it cost say 100k for some R&D and maybe 12K for materials to make them and say only 10 customers wanted the kit your looking at a base of 22k for a kit with no mark up.

I am by no means a expert these are just #'s I would imagin something like this cost. Also the engine I would think could handle the mod but if it didn't what about all the added costs to that.

Just my two cents.

On a side note TheRicker you live in SB?

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I'd be willing to wager that calls have been made to UGR and/or Heffner and that builds have probably been priced on the 6.3 platform. Maybe one or two have been completed under the radar or just not posted about? Or maybe the 6.3 platform has been deemed one unattractive for TT development?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
^ you are correct. The 6.3(M156) is a high compression engine, so you don't have much if any room to add boost. That said if you look thru mbworld there's people that spent thousands (if I remember correctly in the 10k range) for a little over 100hp. This most likely has changed, that's what it was last I checked. Oh and this was a supercharger kit not a turbo. The new amg engine that is coming out is going to be twin turbo which should bring the boost fun back and make upgrades easier.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yes I came from MBworld.org, ran into a lot of your post on there but really I love MB but the tuning that is available for them isn't much. Honestly look at Bimmerfest why don't we have a benzfest. I do believe Havoc from mbworld.org tried to do a upgrade TT kit through VRP and the flopped for whatever reason last I read I might be wrong though. There are a lot of talented tuners out there that I'm sure could make a TT kit but why would you want to spend say maybe 40k-60k to get a C63 TT'ed it would be cool but doesn't sound cost effective. BMW has Supercharge kits and Turbo upgrade kits but even the cars that are MB supercharged just have pulley upgrades and not so much a complete supercharger upgrade.

So basically if a company took the time do develop a kit and it cost say 100k for some R&D and maybe 12K for materials to make them and say only 10 customers wanted the kit your looking at a base of 22k for a kit with no mark up.

I am by no means a expert these are just #'s I would imagin something like this cost. Also the engine I would think could handle the mod but if it didn't what about all the added costs to that.

Just my two cents.

On a side note TheRicker you live in SB?

Where do you live?

There are quite a few builds you're not aware of, No Havoc, wasn't after TT he was & still is doing a 5.8 liter upgrade (Evosports taken over the build now) w/top mount IC's ported blower, all bolt-ons etc.... Also there are SEVERAL 5.4 SC'd guys w/ported blowers/Meth injection (No quantifiable gains have been reported thru porting or Meth, a LARGER blower ala' Kenne Bell etc needs to be made specifically for the 55's w/afordable Top-Mounted dual IC's to make some serious HP)

The (1) main standout proven build is Speedriven's SL600tt making north of 1100 bhp ran nearly 198 mph in Texas mile last yr @ only 24-25 psi, they're running again shortly w/MORE boost, shooting for possible 205-210mph (the build has larger turbo's, 1 off Headers, Dwn-Pipes, true ram-air, aftermarket BOV, special high octane maps, w/FULL TQ limiter removal TCU.

The car in theory should be capable of high 9's IE 9.9x-10.2x @ 140'ish in 1/4 (but owner has no interest in 1/4, only 1 mile events)

And yes the 6.2 C63/E63/CLK63 have too high of compression to make a remotely affordable SC/TT kit as well as who in their right mind would pony up Underground/Heffner TT pricing on a base C63/E63?? Sure a Gallardo/Murci/R8 etc but a friggn $60-$85k benz that are 99% leased:lol:?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Where do you live?

There are quite a few builds you're not aware of, No Havoc, wasn't after TT he was & still is doing a 5.8 liter upgrade (Evosports taken over the build now) w/top mount IC's ported blower, all bolt-ons etc.... Also there are SEVERAL 5.4 SC'd guys w/ported blowers/Meth injection (No quantifiable gains have been reported thru porting or Meth, a LARGER blower ala' Kenne Bell etc needs to be made specifically for the 55's w/afordable Top-Mounted dual IC's to make some serious HP)

The (1) main standout proven build is Speedriven's SL600tt making north of 1100 bhp ran nearly 198 mph in Texas mile last yr @ only 24-25 psi, they're running again shortly w/MORE boost, shooting for possible 205-210mph (the build has larger turbo's, 1 off Headers, Dwn-Pipes, true ram-air, aftermarket BOV, special high octane maps, w/FULL TQ limiter removal TCU.

The car in theory should be capable of high 9's IE 9.9x-10.2x @ 140'ish in 1/4 (but owner has no interest in 1/4, only 1 mile events)

And yes the 6.2 C63/E63/CLK63 have too high of compression to make a remotely affordable SC/TT kit as well as who in their right mind would pony up Underground/Heffner TT pricing on a base C63/E63?? Sure a Gallardo/Murci/R8 etc but a friggn $60-$85k benz that are 99% leased:lol:?

Mr. Ricker,

You obviously know your stuff so hats off to you Sir. I'm happy with my E55 so I'll leave it were it is. I live in SLO. Are you going to the L4P SB Run?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Mr. Ricker,

You obviously know your stuff so hats off to you Sir. I'm happy with my E55 so I'll leave it were it is. I live in SLO. Are you going to the L4P SB Run?
Yes Santa Barbara, what's this L4P SB Run & when/where exactly? Thanx!

·
Registered
156 Posts
nice to see you here sean ;)
Likewise Jay! Whats crackin'? This site has some very kewl projects & unseen dream cars:bitenails: I'm still after bigger turbs, Marcin's very busy, & yes heavily/considering/trying to work Widebody deal...(I figure in this shity economy it will be a much better move than selling & buying something totally stock, & def give the SL an entirely new look as well as potential 1000HP)

·
Registered
78 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Don't run the Ricker, he'll think he beat you when you weren't racing! LMAO!!! :p I kid I kid!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts