Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have noticed as of recent a lot of talk over Tesla and New Jersey.
I noticed another article (see link below) of state who currently Ban the sales or will be banning the sales of Tesla Cars in there state.
Why is it that people don't like this company in this country?

We have a local Service station here, and I love every time I drive by seeing the Model S just sitting there looking all pretty.

MAP: Here's Where Tesla Is Banned From Selling Cars - Business Insider

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do not confuse America with it's politicians. We are extremely different from them.
So true, and what I was really meaning to ask.
Not so much the people but more politically driven hate then anything.

·
Registered
653 Posts
There are pretty popular around here. Very low population but see 3 on a regular basis and several others that I'm not sure are local or not.

Parking structure at Vail has reserved parking for electric vehicles. saw two Ses charging while the owners were probably up skiing.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There huge here, I bet if we had a dealership here they would sell really well!

·
Registered
88 Posts
From NJ and cant really understand it. Been to their store in the short hills mall. I think more of the other dealerships are just angry Tesla has found a way to be successful without buying lots of land and big fancy showrooms. Anybody no how they get serviced though?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We have a service station 10 minutes away from where I'm sitting right now.
I always see new Model S being dropped off almost weekly.
I'm betting they set up service stations in city's who are pro Electric, just not pro Tesla.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Not sure if this is 100% accurate but from what I've heard, a lot of states are angry because Tesla doesn't have (or at least not many that I know of) "dealerships." Customers buy their cars straight from Tesla, eliminating the middle man and the potential profit that would go along with it. So essentially people are getting butthurt because they see Tesla as a way to bring money/more jobs by having dealerships/etc/etc/etc in their state but Tesla has pretty much said piss on it, we don't need you. Again, I'm paraphrasing from what I remember reading and I could be wrong at this point in time but I know that was an issue at one point.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Because dealerships don't want Tesla to start a trend by cutting them out. Dealerships are paying big bucks to their lobbyists to make sure they get rid of Tesla's way of doing business.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Too many dealers are lobbying against it. Dealers can't service Teslas so they make no extra money off them. Example oil changes, timing belts and other random services are lost.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Teslas will still need to be serviced, what they are upset about is not opening up dealerships and not creating sales jobs,etc.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Don't lump America in with a few corrupt politicians that reside in the armpit of the US.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Because Murica' Like V8's

·
Registered
309 Posts
In many states it is illegal for car companies to sell directly to consumers forcing them to go through a dealership ie. what Tesla is doing is considered illegal. Its a stupid law and in my opinion shows how backwards some of the laws are.

·
Registered
142 Posts
There is always a pushback on anything that goes against the way things are currently. Some people just like to hate and be negative, and then couple that with the perceived threat to the current dealership model.

I'm liking Teslas approach, I've always wondered why the big 3 don't sell directly.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Tesla's doing what so many said couldn't be done. Not only are they building quality cars that require no gasoline but, they're doing it without dealerships all over the place.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts