Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the hunt for insurance again, i was going through formost and paid 250 for the year on liability. i quoted geico and it was through the roof, stupid lizard, liberty doesnt offer it. btw theres a dui on there thats why its high.

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
I have geico and pay $120 month for full coverage on the SUV and only $59 on the car because it's an 89 240sx but has lots of mods. They don't cover aftermarket mods so why bother telling them I have them? Combined, it's about $180/month plus both cars are paid off so....

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
on the hunt for insurance again, i was going through formost and paid 250 for the year on liability. i quoted geico and it was through the roof, stupid lizard, liberty doesnt offer it. btw theres a dui on there thats why its high.
your location and dui will hurt you most man. best of luck

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is for motorcycles.

and yea i know that dui really screwed me over in more ways than i ever thought could. as far as location though?

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
this is for motorcycles.

and yea i know that dui really screwed me over in more ways than i ever thought could. as far as location though?
California, Florida and New York automatically have higher insurance rates due to traffic, crime, ect. Those actually are factors. Florida has hurricane insurance that is required. California is listed in the top 5 worst drivers and insurures know that as is Florida

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
some of my street bikes (all 27 of them) are insured through AIMS.
the collectables are through american collectors insurance.

250 a year on liability (if its a 600cc or above sportbike) is really not that bad from what i have seen..
what bike is it? how old are you?

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
06 cbr600rr and 25. and yea 250 isnt bad just seeing if there was better.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
I have always used Progressive on all of my motorcycles. They cover all upgrades or whatever you document for coverage. They are cheaper than anyone for motorcycles. Well they always have been for me... like hundreds. I have a policy that covers acts of God(which also includes an animal wrecking you), stolen or passengers.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Progressive.... 2002 Ducati M750

im 21 with 2 tickets(careless operation, speeding) with 2 points...

I pay 84.50 every 6 months for the state minimum. I don't care if i lose the bike in a wreck or theft, i dont have much in it anyways

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well got my final quote..... $128 for the year, id say that a pretty good deal ;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm with Allstate and I pay $10/month for liability on an 08 R1. In my case, they more or less let me activate the coverage and deactivate it whenever I want. So I call my guy in the spring and again in the fall.

I also have my home and other vehicles insured and have been with them for about 10 years. So I'm sure that there are some discounts involved for that.

Hope that helps a bit.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Grundy, collector insurance... I use progressive, statefarm, hagerty... Grundy is cheapper and better... I insure from old bike to brand new... no problem.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
When I had the Ducati I paid $400/yr through State Farm for full coverage. They were by far the cheapest at the time. Very bike friendly.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts