Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Try NBA Car Stereos over in Vancouver Washington. Ask for Jorge. They do great work and have always been happy.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Not a bad idea to have a meet somewhere in Portland! I'm down!

·
Registered
9 Posts
...there are definitely some things I don't like (bikers, politics and the drivers)....
You have to be careful when driving around the Portland/Vancouver metro area. There are a lot of drivers who are just careless, reckless and stupid. But get away from the urban areas and there are some great roads.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It really depends on WHERE in Portland you're moving to...by that, not many people know that "Portland" is actually made up of several other cities, that while are their own municipalities, they still consider that "Portland". Example: I lived in Tigard, which is SW of Portland, but 90% of your mapquests and map programs will pull it up as Portland...and most people out of ease of stating where they live, call it Portland as well. There's also of course, North Portland, SE Portland (Felony Flats), NE Portland, NW Portland, the Pearl District and of course "downtown" Portland.

Each area has it's perks and for the most part do offer many things to do and as one post said, Mt Hood is about an hour away with skiing almost year round and the coast is about the same distance the opposite direction. I lived there 13 years and moved there from Seattle. People say that it rains as much in Portland as it does in Seattle which is true in terms of annual rainfall...however Portland is consistently 5-10 degrees warmer than Seattle and has about twice as many sunny days per year. When it rains in Portland, it rains...it doesn't really "drizzle" like Seattle does.

Lots of wineries in SW region, some fairly good clubs down town...and my personal favorite, a TON of strip clubs, which by the way, are totally nude and serve alcohol...no four foot rule! People are fairly passive, lots of liberals. Can't say that I won't move back there one day but at the same time I can't say I will either. Great food there too.

If someone tries to talk you into living in Gresham saying it's the same as Portland...IT'S NOT and don't do it....super windy out there along with Troutdale. So really, it would be easier to tell you about where you want to live if we have an idea of where within the city you are considering.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Don't believe Kaoss. Its all drizzle in the northwest. Image standing down wind of a car wash on a overcast month. Everything else he said is spot on. :)
Jonny! Good to see you joined. I'm up at the Portland C&C in the dark blue S4 every now and then. Trying to spread the word around here so more people will show. Be sure to introduce yourself and post some pics of your fcar if you want. Welcome to the 4!

·
Registered
9 Posts
... Trying to spread the word around here so more people will show. Be sure to introduce yourself and post some pics of your fcar if you want. Welcome to the 4!
Thanks, I saw the post. Great to see word is getting out. Will put some images up under the C&C thread soon.

See you at C&C.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts