Luxury4Play.com banner

Who put that airplane on the moon?

3K views 17 replies 18 participants last post by  CA66 
#1 ·
There Is an Airplane On the Moon (and It's Not a Photoshop)

No, this incredible image is not a Photoshop montage and that's not Batman's plane. It's a Qantas Dash 8 Q 400, a twin propeller passenger airplane passing in front of the Moon in Australia. This is how it was taken:

Today, I achieved something I have wanted to do for a considerable length of time: A plane crossing the moon.

Everyday this Qantas Dash 8 Q 400 flys over our country property,always at 5.30 pm, without fail—I have watched it fly 'through' the moon a few times.

Today, the moon was at the 'right' phase-approx in line with the planes flight path. So I set up gear (I have done this drill quite a few times!)

I saw the plane along way of and thought 'no-its not going to hit',I stayed beside scope just in case,then as it got closer,I could see "it was going to line up!"

My palm started to sweet—buck fever. I only want to pull the trigger when I knew the plane was in the centre of the moon. I got my wish!
The shot was taken in South East Queensland, at 5:30pm on September 16. Chris—the photographer—used a Vixen 103 ED refractor on a Vixen GP mount, guiding by a Vixen SS2K. His camera was Canon 450D at 1/250s, set on ISO200.

One shot in a million, indeed. [Ice In Space via APOD]

---------------------------

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

See less See more
#17 ·
nice shot of the dash 8!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.