Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
boss. Got my favorite pair there, Same cut and styling as jeans, but in a black shiny dress pant almost material.

ignore the serious pose, focus on the pants haha

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
J.Crew Classic Fit khakis or Brooks Brothers Milano Fit khakis. They are both trimmer than regular fit pants, but I'm young so that's why I like them :lol:

·
Registered
242 Posts
I wear khaki's most days of the week, they're like the mullet of pants, mixes business with pleasure.

In my closet:

2 pairs of GAP straight leg
2 pairs of GAP loose
3 pairs of Old Navy regular
1 pair Old Navy loose
1 pair of American Eagle relaxed

I love them all, save for the AE ones, those were on hella sale and I find I rarely wear them.

My G/F gets group-ons for Old Navy A LOT (and we're within 20 mins of an outlet) so lately I've been grabbing 1-2 pair of pants a month. The price of them doesn't make me feel bad to get dirty on a server room floor, plus they are fine for occasional meeting.

If it fits and is of reasonable price (I like to keep it under $50/pair) I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Bumping this thread wide open again. Still looking to expand the selection and am interested in hearing everyone chime in. Also, my main objective here is to find some options that truly fit properly. I'm a bigger dude (waist not height) at 215 lbs and 5'10" and wear 36/30 or 38/30. Any suggestions on type of cut for my build?

Mention your build when you recommend a brand/model so we have an idea on where to start shopping.

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
^^ mine is 34/29 or 34/30. I'm 5' 10" and 190 pounds and LOVE Haggar pants from Kohls. Great, slim look and somewhat stretchy fit. Very nice look and clean cut.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I'm 5'10 180, honest 33" waist. I like my pants to be slimmer cut, but not tight. I usually wear Straight Slims in my denim lines. That said, for sheer comfort and value, I'm a fan of a few of the khaki type brands they carry at Urban Outfitters. My favorites are Toddland, with Hawkins McGill and Pennystock being a close second and third. You're looking at about 50 to 75 bucks retail, often a bit less if you're a sale hunter. Definitely reasonable considering what designer trousers cost these days on average.

I have a few pair of other-than-denim Levis too. They make some thin cords that are modern cut and in some cool, but subdued colors. They do a twill pant too that are jean-cut, but in chino type material.

My .04 cents (inflation).

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
21 - 37 of 37 Posts