Luxury4Play.com banner

121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Ordered some Glengoyne 18 and a Lagavulin Distillers Edition. I've had Glengoyne 17 (ok) and 21 (amaze balls) but haven't had the 18 beyond a taste on the distillery visit (bought some as gifts for my father and brother tho lol). Reeeeally looking forward to Lag, haven't had any but I've heard its a good range.

They should be here next week :)
Apparently both of these are being shipped from the motherland...gonna be another week or two...bah...good and bad I suppose lol.

EDIT: Of course less than two hours after I post this I get an email from the courier that it'll be delivered to my work tomorrow :lol:

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Broke open the Lag. It's pretty damn good. Awfully smooth for a 16. Heavy antiseptic smell on the nose but you don't taste it, all you get is a heavenly smokiness.

Also had Laphroaig 10 and Oban 14 the other night, both of which I really enjoyed. Had a Highland Park as well (don't remember which) but wasn't a fan.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Big fan on Oban 14 - Their Double Distilled one is really good too.

Lagavulin makes me think of liquid bacon ;) which can be a good thing. I make a couple cocktails where I add a spoon full of it to add a nice smokey flavor to the drink.

Decided since summer time isn't really scotch/whiskey time I'm going to start learning/trying different Mezcals seems more appropriate for hot weather.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Lagavulin makes me think of liquid bacon ;) which can be a good thing. I make a couple cocktails where I add a spoon full of it to add a nice smokey flavor to the drink.
That's a pretty good way to describe the Lag :lol:

For me it's like a hot charcoal BBQ with some well soaked wood chunks thrown in....mmmmmmmm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
where do you guys live that your costco sells high end spirits like this!?

i just got a bottle of makers mark cask strength and an orphan barrel Barterhouse 20yr.on the scotchy side of things ive been sipping steadily on glenfarclas 12yr. easily my favorite go to at a good price point $45. Higher price would be glendronach 15yr

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
^Sounds like a good selection...I'm in the SF Bay Area for Costco

Last month I picked up a Balvenie 14 Caribbean Cask and Glendiddich 18. Both good, Caribbean isn't my favorite, but it's still pretty good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
^Sounds like a good selection...I'm in the SF Bay Area for Costco

Last month I picked up a Balvenie 14 Caribbean Cask and Glendiddich 18. Both good, Caribbean isn't my favorite, but it's still pretty good.
Very cool! Im originally from the bay, vallejo to be exact. Out in Connecticut now... Also picked up a bottle of widow jane. its an 8yr whiskey made in upstate new york, naturally limestone filtered, some of the cleanest water on earth. Its unbelievably smooth! along with that i snagged a bottle of Stagg jr. which is pappy rebranded according to the sommelier I spoke with and that is unreal. 132 proof! and finally I grabbed a bottle of signatory vintage reserve Glenvilet 18yr that they finished in sherry casks. Signatory is a whiskey broker that will buy barrels from distilleries and do with them as they please. So if the company doesnt release a 20yr, they will do so etc etc. We tried it back to back with the regular 18yr and its exactly the same except you get that nice sherry taste as well. Ill post a pic of the lineup in a minute.

The absolute shit right here. I didn't ask you if you liked it or not. This is MY damn drink.

http://i62.tinypic.com/ev3wxk.jpg[/G][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

hahaha cant go wrong with fireball!

Edit: the current lineup!

[URL=http://s4.photobucket.com/user/adrenalinjunkee/media/2DC8B014-FA81-4FE9-BF67-58FBB09CA4DD_zpspbhr8az8.jpg.html][IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/adrenalinjunkee/2DC8B014-FA81-4FE9-BF67-58FBB09CA4DD_zpspbhr8az8.jpg[/URL]​

121 - 132 of 132 Posts