Luxury4Play.com banner

101 - 120 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Recently turned 21, but have been a whiskey/bourbon fan for awhile. The only ones I have ordered at the bar/bought a bottle of are Johnny Walker black label, Glenlivet, and Macallan.

Anybody have suggestions others to try that are common in most bars? I normally don't buy bottles myself.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
^post up how it is, good price for an 18yr...

Bought a case of Macallan 15 to hand out to my groomsmen at our wedding in a couple weeks (plus some for myself :) )

·
Registered
453 Posts
Not a whisky pro but Im on the wave with JD for some months, sometimes I sip JW Black Label but I like the cruder (is that the right word?) more evocant taste of Jack Daniels.

·
Registered
936 Posts
i have drank so mant kinds of whiskeys that i lost count over 150 bottles/kinds

i usually only drink 18yo plus scotch now

my top and all time favorite: oban 18yo

the 16yo is okay but the 18yo is outstanding.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Brought home some 21 and 18yo from the Glengoyne distillery while in Scotland last week.

Great stuff and one of only 14 independent distilleries left in Scotland. Amazing staff as well, knowledgeable and super friendly.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Brought home some 21 and 18yo from the Glengoyne distillery while in Scotland last week.

Great stuff and one of only 14 independent distilleries left in Scotland. Amazing staff as well, knowledgeable and super friendly.
Nice purchases. I've been contemplating the Glengoyne 21 for a while (I love my sherried whiskies and the color of the 21 is just amazing). Have you tasted it yet and if so, what's your initial impression?

·
Registered
874 Posts
I'm a scotch drinker. My favorite is Glenlivet 18. But where I live is very hard to find that or Macallan. So I usually drink Johnny Walker.

In Kentucky we are very famous for bourbon/whisky.

For who knows good about it... My friend has this small collection here at the office..

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Nice purchases. I've been contemplating the Glengoyne 21 for a while (I love my sherried whiskies and the color of the 21 is just amazing). Have you tasted it yet and if so, what's your initial impression?
I'm still pretty new to the scotch arena, but I was impressed. Very smooth and true to their description. I also sampled their 12, 18, Cask Strength and Teapot Dram's, of which the last 2 were amazingly strong lol.

I am usually a Macallan person so it was cool to compare a Highland to my usual choice.

Trivia time- the Highland/Lowland border runs through the Glengoyne property, so it's the only scotch distilled in the Highlands but aged in the Lowlands...

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
How'd the Opus work with the Glenmorangie? I would have guess that the Opus would have overpowered a Highland scotch. Just curious. I'm a big fan of Glenmorangie.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I had the rare opportunity the other night to try the Glenfiddich 40 year. So delicious. Really smooth and rich. Smelled really heavy of apples to me.

·
Registered
245 Posts
How'd the Opus work with the Glenmorangie? I would have guess that the Opus would have overpowered a Highland scotch. Just curious. I'm a big fan of Glenmorangie.
The Glenmorangie had great flavors which gave a nice contrast between the scotch and the opus. For 100.00, it was a great value scotch.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Picked up another bottle of Glengoyne 21 along with a bottle of their discontinued 17...hoping they'll be here in time for thanksgiving :)

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Ordered some Glengoyne 18 and a Lagavulin Distillers Edition. I've had Glengoyne 17 (ok) and 21 (amaze balls) but haven't had the 18 beyond a taste on the distillery visit (bought some as gifts for my father and brother tho lol). Reeeeally looking forward to Lag, haven't had any but I've heard its a good range.

They should be here next week :)

101 - 120 of 132 Posts