Luxury4Play.com banner

81 - 100 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Getting ready for my baby girl's birth in March 2013...

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm a black label guy. On rare occasions treat myself to a bottle of blue. I don't know of any other good whisky hence why i'm stuck with JW lol

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
@Mikael...I ordered this from a Manhattan wine dealer. I can't wait to break it open...

·
5,744 Posts
I'm ashamed, my family's from Scotland and I've never heard the name Glenmorangie.

-Markus-

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Markus...for any new scotch drinker...the Glenmorangie line is a great scotch to start out with. As far as whisky...my go to whisky is Makers 46 or Jefferson Reserve.

Reactions: anonymoose

·
Registered
245 Posts
Markus...for any new scotch drinker...the Glenmorangie line is a great scotch to start out with. As far as whisky...my go to whisky is Makers 46 or Jefferson Reserve.

nice map, I just polished off a bottle of Royal Lochnagar 12y over the holidays. I love the single malts

·
Registered
7 Posts
like your taste.

currently 24 years old but I love good quality spirits.

love my gold label got 3 bottles lol

casual drink on the ferry to vancouver

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Just received a bottle of Hibiki 12 from a friend as a birthday gift. I have yet to open it, but reviews I've read are good.

I'll crack it open tomorrow and report back :)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Open up a bottle of Ardbeg Corryvreckan Thursday...after a long day that SM woke my arse up! Super peaty...an acquired taste that may put off new scotch drinkers but a very satisfying glass once you get used to it.

Reactions: ackroydb

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wondering if there would be any interest in here.

My father worked in Johnnie Walker in Kilmarnock which is now shut down as of last year. I have 2 bottles that were made for the closing of the distillery.

I have a Hill street Kilmarnock 50th Anniversary bottle which comprises of a special blend and had a limited number of bottles below 800. It
comes in a 70cl/700ml clear bottle and is marked 40%. The bottle comes in a white box. I would upload a picture but I'm on my iPhone at the moment and not with the bottle.

I also have a Johnnie Walker Swing 2012 which had a production number of 900 bottles. This is to celebrate the closing of the factory and was given to employees of the hill street distillery and leader of councils across the uk as far as I know. The bottle comes boxed with a leaflet and DVD explaining the history of hill street. The bottle is 75cl/750ml and marked 43%.

I am just wondering if anyone around here would be interested in these bottles as my father is looking to sell them on.

Thanks for having a look!

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Just received a bottle of Hibiki 12 from a friend as a birthday gift. I have yet to open it, but reviews I've read are good.

I'll crack it open tomorrow and report back :)
After making it through about a quarter of it, it's quite good. Very smooth with a LOT of plum on the front and through the middle (it's aged in plum wine barrels) but not overpowering or super sweet.

Overall I like it and would spend money on it, but if given a choice I would spend a few more bucks to go with the Mac 15.

·
Registered
40 Posts
like your taste.

currently 24 years old but I love good quality spirits.
Gold label is my go to. True or false: armand de brignac is a rebottled & rebranded champagne that is not worth the price? I usually go for a good year of dom or Nicolas Feuillatte Palmes D'or for champagne, but I have never tried ace

81 - 100 of 132 Posts