41 - 60 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Chu-Hi, Chu-Hi, this a whisky thread brother

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I was recommended that as a decent, cheap bourbon, but was not impressed. Have you (or anyone else) had Basil Hayden's? Slightly more expensive, monumentally tastier.
You're probably the first person that I have ever heard say they don't like Woodford!!

I typically just drink Maker's on a regular basis, but I've had Basil Hayden's, Booker's, Baker's, Knob Creek, etc. My dad was gifted one of the sets that has the four of them in there & we enjoyed them all!!!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I can't say that I collect it, but I love drinking it. Here is a picture of me with, Jack Daniel's first salesman, Angelo Lucchesi. He has been credited as the man who turned JD into the global brand it is today.

·
Gold Sponsor
3,967 Posts
JW Gold is my go to. A pleasure in every glass.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Cool story/pic Darnell. Being from TN, have you done the Jack Daniels tour in Lynchburg? It really is a fantastic experience, and you get to taste test at the end!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I need your help...

I love whisky very much and tried many of them. Recently I receive those bottles for gift. I didn`t try any of these. Can you recommend which is best for open for special occasion? Which open first?

It is: Johnnie walker green label

johnnie-walker-green-label.jpg

I tried already red label, black label, swing and blue label, but this never.

Jack Daniels silver select
225766.jpg

i tried regular Jack Daniels and I’m not a fan of JD (don`t like bourbon)

And Chivas Regal 18 yrs

32159.jpg

Tried regular and for me one of best whiskey.

What is your recommendation

·
Registered
942 Posts
I need your help...

I love whisky very much and tried many of them. Recently I receive those bottles for gift. I didn`t try any of these. Can you recommend which is best for open for special occasion? Which open first?
I just typed up a large response for you, and decided to delete it to say this: I drink a lot of different kinds of liquor and Green Label is my absolute favorite. The bottles you posted are not overly extravagant, but most people will be happy to drink any of them (though I wouldn't care for the JD) on a special occasion.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I need your help...

It is: Johnnie walker green label

I tried already red label, black label, swing and blue label, but this never.

i tried regular Jack Daniels and I’m not a fan of JD (don`t like bourbon)

And Chivas Regal 18 yrs

Tried regular and for me one of best whiskey.

What is your recommendation
What's most important is to drink what you like, serve what your guests will like. Personally I'm not a fan of Johnny Walker Green and would prefer the Chivas. The JD should be good too if you like sour mash bourbon. You are mixing Scotch with Whiskey (very different tastes), I would just ask my guest what they prefer. Any of them would be considered mid level liquors in my house and I would be happy to offer them to guests.

Personally I don't agree with "saving" beverages for special occasions as fine beverages were made to be enjoyed so why not treat yourself anytime!

·
Registered
38 Posts
What's most important is to drink what you like, serve what your guests will like. Personally I'm not a fan of Johnny Walker Green and would prefer the Chivas. The JD should be good too if you like sour mash bourbon. You are mixing Scotch with Whiskey (very different tastes), I would just ask my guest what they prefer. Any of them would be considered mid level liquors in my house and I would be happy to offer them to guests.

Personally I don't agree with "saving" beverages for special occasions as fine beverages were made to be enjoyed so why not treat yourself anytime!
+1. i couldn't have said it any better (although i've never had the green). every bottle is available to guests that come over. but one time i had someone, who wasn't a scotch drinker, pour herself half a glass of johnnie blue, take 2 sips, then decide she didn't like scotch. i could have punched her in the head. if you want to try something, that's great. but don't waste it.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
i have a bottle of Pappy 23 & Pappy 20 sitting on the shelf - hard to do better imo.

- chuck

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I started out liking single malts a lot and now working my way around the world...

Here are bottles that came in last week and this week...waiting on some Pappy next week...

·
Registered
942 Posts
My lady surprised me with two bottles of champagne and a nice pre-dinner shooter! We're going French tonight, I need the liquor to make me adventurous.

7188098561_260e7ba460_z.jpg

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Can we hang out?
Sure...anytime you are in the Tampa area...I can't drink it all...plus we can have some nice smokes...I have a "few" of those too...:)

Reactions: Dr. Handsome

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Winner…big schlong award
The schlong collection has gotten a little bigger...the Macallan 30 sherry oak came in to match it's brother the fine oak...

We are going to make a dent into the scotch/whiskey stash next week...no sense in having it and not drinking them with friends. Pair it up with a great steak dinner and stogie afterwards and we have ourselves an evening worth repeating...:)

41 - 60 of 132 Posts