Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
I had a drink of one my friend in Miami had inherited from his father who bought it in the mid 50's. It was Jim Beam and im not sure how long it was aged brand new, but his father bought it for the bottle, some kind of special edition i believe, never even opened it. He inherited it and HATES whiskey, but knew that at some point he would have a friend that enjoyed it.... JACKPOT, that was me... was soooooo smooth and tasty... i got spoiled and was very thankful...

But to answer your question, he was not a whiskey collector, and nor am i, at least to the "collector" status... I have had a bottle of Chivas Regal that has been sitting for about a year now... but plans are to empty it slowly before long...

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have a hand full of signed bottles from various places. All empty are empty sitting in a box upstairs (after college I gave up on displaying liquor bottles).

I don't see the point in not drinking things that taste good. Now they were savored and enjoyed not shot and destroyed.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Not really a whiskey guy, but for scotch, I have all bottles of Johnny Walker except for red.

I enjoy the Gold Label more than the Blue Label...call me crazy, but nothing tops a nice chilled glass of Gold Label neat.

·
Registered
161 Posts
i bought this bottle for my dad in japan
tried it myself, very tastfull japanese whiskey with a lot of flavours in it...

it's the bottle on the left : suntory hibiki

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
i bought this bottle for my dad in japan tried it myself, very tastfull japanese whiskey with a lot of flavours in it...

it's the bottle on the left : suntory hibiki
Hibiki (Harmony) is my current favorite Japanese..I only wish I could get for ¥6,500 instead of ¥8,900

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Hibiki (Harmony) is my current favorite Japanese..I only wish I could get for ¥6,500 instead of ¥8,900
Ahhhh!! That picture reminds me of my last trip to Tokyo. Spent some blissful time waiting for my flight home at Narita being offered multiple samples of various whiskys. Why can't the US allow cute girls to pass out free samples of liquor to the general public??

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I collect Johnnie Walker .....then i make it disappear.......................

·
Registered
569 Posts
I got my official Irish Whiskey Tasting Diploma from Jameson this past winter :woot2: got to do the factory tour and tasting at the distillery in Dublin. I love their Jameson Gold and Jameson 18yr - it's definitely a different flavor from their regular off the shelf whiskey.

I'm growing into Scotches - there are several that I really like but a few others have been a bit to peaty for me, such as the islay region scotches. My current favorite is Auchentoshan, nice and smooth with a great flavor.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Being born & raised in Kentucky, I am pretty much obligated to drink Bourbon!! Love some Maker's, Woodford, etc.!!

I'm like everybody else though, I collect it in my liver!!

21 - 40 of 132 Posts