Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

My dad has been sticking to rolex for the past "MANY" years and have recently bought me a Patek. Since then, I've been pestering him to upgrade his watch after starting to "learn appreciating" watches. However, as I do not have much knowledge about watches, i decided to seek for some advice from this forum.

Currently, he is caught between 3 choices; deLaCour, Breguet & Blancpain.

From what i understand, deLaCour is not as popular as the other 2 and definitely the newest out of the 3 brands.

Therefore, I've attached pictures of the 3 different watches and hope you guys out there with more knowledge on watches can chip in and help my dad make the decision.

The deLaCour felt really nice as the shape is unique and unusual. However, my dad is skeptical due to the brand being not as established as the other two.

Hope to get some good advice from you guys.

Thank you
Nycky

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
You are looking at 100k Tourbillon watches. If resale is of concern to you I'd get one of the more well known brands, and at that price resale should definitely be a thought to consider...imo.

I'm not particularily keen on any of them...but thats just me. Many more beautiful Tourb's available in that price range.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
You are looking at 100k Tourbillon watches. If resale is of concern to you I'd get one of the more well known brands, and at that price resale should definitely be a thought to consider...imo.

I'm not particularily keen on any of them...but thats just me. Many more beautiful Tourb's available in that price range.
Well said. There are so many options at that price range. Consider AP, FP Journe, DeBethune, Dewitt, etc, etc. Good luck and post pics when you get the piece!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
None of the above for me....

FJP Dead Seconds Tourbi is in your range.... For a stretch, try:
Jean Dunand Tourbillon Orbital, Maitres Du Temps Chapter 1.... If Breguet than their Messidor Tourbillion or for the Big Time, Double Tourbillon.

Oh.... Greubel Forsey pretty much over anything for me though..... Double or Quad Tourbi = Game Over. ;)

Edit: Or Pam 348 if you can find it.... :whistle:

·
Registered
114 Posts

I completely agree as well. Not a fan of any of the pieces above. I don't know if you saw this thread, but here are some mind blowing Tourbillon pieces:
http://www.luxury4play.com/watches/64577-some-prefer-things-complicated.html

My favorite watch in that thread was the DeWitt...It's pure insanity and ecstasy all rolled up into one.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Of those 3 I would choose #3, but I would have to agree with everyone else. There are many, many more options at that price range.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
i'm partial to the breguet. i love my marine chrono, but certainly not on the same level at the one posted above. and i agree with retto, the double tourbillon is pretty sick!

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
You want him to go from a Rolex to one of those? Essentially a classic design to a modern design? In all honesty I would buy him a new(er) Rolex to compliment his current.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Wish I had your issue…trying to get my dad to upgrade from a 92 S-10 pick-up to a new Tacoma

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
got another suggestion: rolex masterpiece

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Unless you're paying for the watch, your dad should make his own decision; it's his wrist, after all...
i'm not paying for the watch, however, my dad is the one asking me for more choices and that is why i've posted on this forum. he agrees to change his rolex to something more modern. but need opinions and does not want to make a wrong choice though he likes the breguet alot.

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Your going from a $10k~ to sub $100k watch?

·
Registered
379 Posts
good advice

you have had good advice here---for that range there are much better choices than the four you listed. Take a look at AP's equation of time or one of their ROO tourbillon chronos or a complicated Patek at auction.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts