Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Requirements as follows:

1) Less than $80K
2) New OR Certified Pre-owned is fine (if less than 20,000 miles)
3) Does NOT need to be a 7-seater, a 5-seater is fine
4) Reliable (I know that's tough, but I prefer something where you don't need to take it to the dealer for stupid stuff randomly). This vehicle will be seeing at most about 15,000 miles a year if purchased.
5) Ok MPG (Again, another tough one to follow, but would like to see if it can get over 20 MPG on the highway).

These are some of the ones I was interested in seeing. What are your guys' opinions? What would you get and why? If any current owners of the following can chime in and give me a rundown of their service and maintenance and reliability of any of the vehicles, that would be much appreciated.

1) Certified pre-owned Porsche Cayenne GTS
2) Certified pre-owned Range Rover Sport Supercharged or Range Rover full-size
3) Jeep SRT (already a couple in my area.... don't really wanna follow the crowd on this one)
4) BMW X5M
5) BMW X6M
6) Lexus GX460
7) AUDI q7
8) 2013/2014 Mercedes GL450 (previous lease was a 2012 GL450... don't really want to go Merc again but if we have to I guess it wouldn't hurt lol )

Any suggestions? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Something different and off beat: check out the Volvo XC60 or even 90 and you'll be way below $80k USD.
They take regular gas if I recall correctly.
Family's old S60 Volvo has been "decently" reliable for 2nd hand.

Or maybe the new Porsche Macan Turbo.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checked out the volvo online, and I appreciate the suggestion, but the looks don't do it for me. :(
The Macan Turbo is pretty nice. Most of the ones I see online are above 80K though. I also do like the new Escalade, but don't know about how reliable the Cadillacs are.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
I'd suggest a Q7 3.0T as it's pretty damn bulletproof reliability-wise, fast if you tune it, and gets 25+ mpg highway, etc... but for 80k you can do much better. I'd still go Q7 over most of the non M/AMG options listed.

Out of the cars you listed, I'd take the Cayenne GTS. If you want something smaller you could consider a Macan Turbo or SQ5.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
New q7 is coming out spring/summer 15 I would wait for that one if you can.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm.. does Audi have great reliability? I've heard both good and bad things about them, but compared to Merc and Bmw, are they much better in terms of dependability? I guess they have stepped up their game these last few years.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Yukon Denali?
I like the SRT personally. It's a brutal SUV that's not as "snotty" as the //M or AMGs. Take the badge off and paint the calipers and it'll blend in pretty well, always a plus!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any take on the Range Rover? Ever since TATA took over, they seem to have gotten better ratings. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Any take on the Range Rover? Ever since TATA took over, they seem to have gotten better ratings. what do you guys think?
If you can get your hands on one, lots of comments about the difficulty of getting a new one.
Personally, I think they're very nice but a bit overpriced.

E: Also, I wouldn't recommend a G-Class Mercedes if you're considering something practical. They look cool and are decent enough offroad, but it's not the best daily driver. I'm also a big fan of the Lexus LX and Toyota Land Cruiser. The LC is a legend, can't really be touched in terms of reliability. Just ask NATO.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Hmmm.. does Audi have great reliability? I've heard both good and bad things about them, but compared to Merc and Bmw, are they much better in terms of dependability? I guess they have stepped up their game these last few years.
Had Audis my whole life (my whole family drives audis only since before I was born) never did I or anyone I know had any big problems with them, mercedes in the other hand my cousin has a 12 GL replaced tranny 3 times already and god knows what else, his sl 63 front left light foges up every time it rains..........audis are good solid cars!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know this may be a UNIQUE suggestion... but what about the new 4runners??? I LOVE the look of the new TRD PRO version. lol It will rarely be taken off-road however :( lol

·
Registered
193 Posts
The 15' Tahoes are the nuts. The Q7 interior is tiny imo.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts