Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I have pionners and I'm satisfied. I think next round I'll be doing all Rockford Fosgate.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I always bought Pioneer head units but for some reason preferred Sony speakers. Though not the best they do provide clear and long reproduction. Especially the bass.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
does anyone still put "sound systems" in their cars? i thought that trend died 10 years ago with shitty oem systems in budget sub-compact cars

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
does anyone still put "sound systems" in their cars? i thought that trend died 10 years ago with shitty oem systems in budget sub-compact cars
That's me to a T. I have a budget subcompact car and I have an aftermarket sound system. Idk it just makes my driving experience more enjoyable since I also enjoy music. It's only 4 2 way door speakers and a 10" 300w sub but it will play the full range just fine.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I always rocked Alpine because they had the coolest looking units and I liked to match my equipment. Pioneer stuff seemed nicer to use than Sony stuff but I couldn't tell you which was better... Nowadays my car has builtin unit with everything linked together so I cant be bothered doing any upgrades. (The Mark levinson system is plenty for me anyway)

·
Registered
58 Posts
My experience is that if you're looking for excellent CD/DVD reproduction-S/N ratio you wouldn't be disappoint with Sony, they are the best on that area. For everything else... chose Pioneer, besides, everyone has a flash drive instead of running up and down carrying discs... right!?:whistle:

·
Registered
620 Posts
Eclipse and Nakamichi were always kings of the hill back in the day, as far as sound quality goes.

Out of the mainstream junk, Pioneer's audiophile line is by far head and shoulders over Sony and Kenwood. I wouldn't put stuff like Rockford in my car for free. Alpine has always been pretty decent. But I'd personally go with an audiophile Pioneer head unit.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
My Benz has a decent system on it's own. My Camaro needs an aftermarket system, but it is 16 years old so....

·
Registered
100 Posts
All depends on your budget, single or double din unit.

SQ single din unit with active crossover
1.Pioneer DEX-P99RS
2.Pioneer DEH-80PRS

SQ single din with great features like app remote for tablet installs.
1.Sony GS-MEX 610BT non-HD Radio
2.Sony GS-MEX-810BT with HD Radio

Double din units
-Pioneer units
-Alpine units
-Kenwood units

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am using a Pioneer for several years and I can say that it was a good choice, both for price and features. So my vote goes to Pioneer!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I always run Alpine headunits with JL speakers. Tried everything when i was younger and that match was always the best to me. Dont know what it is like now but if I do another big system upgrade I would look to those brands first.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts