Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a new toy. I don't car if it is new or CPO'd. I was in Greenwich CT yesterday at Miller Motor Cars and the HORRIBLE Audi dealer.

Use, Weekends and when I feel like it. NOT a DD

Considering;

CPO'd or new Masterati Super Sport
CPO'd R8 V8
CPO'd 08 Vantage, 4500 Miles on it ($89k)

OR, pre-ordering a Porsche Carrera GTS

Miller Motor cars was extremely nice, but the doocher in the Audi dealer almost didn't give me the time of day talking about the R8. Didn't believe me. So I took his card walked out the door...Ripped into a little cute pile and threw it in the air infront of all his co workers.

I need input asap! I know I can get them down on the Aston..but not sure what to do.

--Jay

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hard to find a clean R8 with low miles. I'm not in a rush, but just throwing that out there.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Your better off with the R8, i know your not going to use it as a DD, but its meant for that and thats why its a better car. Not going to be a issue for you, for the years to come.

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
Def no on vantage except if you are getting the new v12, Maserati is def a cruiser sport or not so my vote def goes to R8. And I must say I have driven all 3 for extended period of time.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys.

Raw, why not on the vantage?

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
My '08 Aston has had ZERO mechanical problems, just a few cosmetic issues...love the car, and Miller has been great to deal with.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I'd say go with the R8. It's a good weekend car but it works well as a daily driver as well. If you're not so much into the Audi, the other two cars are pretty much just as good. But yeah, definitely make a trip back to that Audi dealer once you get the car...just to mess with the guy's head.

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
Yep but you are driving the DB9 my friend. Different ball game in my opinion.

My '08 Aston has had ZERO mechanical problems, just a few cosmetic issues...love the car, and Miller has been great to deal with.

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
I have a few different reasons, mostly the transmission and its behavior and the quality of the build. I have to admit the one I drove for 3 days was a rental but still, I def think R8 is a better built car than both Mas and Vantage.

Thanks for the input guys.

Raw, why not on the vantage?

·
Registered
847 Posts
GTS or R8 personaly id take the GTS.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
did you go to the audi dealership down northern?, i cant stand them there either....go with the maserati IMO

1 - 20 of 31 Posts