Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
i have a house in rio...but the best place to stay is def copacabana palace like bruno said
you can even have a private area on the beach with private security

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I'm not aiming for a high star hotels, limiting the budget for that trip and since my girlfriend is brazilian, we shouldn't have problems with communication.

Any places other than corcovado worth seeing in Rio? Thinking about going to Maracana too.

Ideally, I would like to stay at copacabana or ipanema beach. Away from favelas ;)

·
Registered
120 Posts
away from favelas? favelas are really cool...they have tours and some favelas are drug dealers free :)

be shure to go to maracana but let me tell you that its very old....it really needs some renovation(it should be starting on for the wc and olympics)...but try to go to a game ,its really crazy environment

Don't miss Pão de Açúcar(Sugar Loaf Mountain)...you can take a funicular to the top and its has a wonderfull view.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Rafal,

I went a few years ago with some friends and we stayed in a condo that was rented out. We stayed in Ipanema, and out friends stayed in Copa. 50% of our friends were mugged in Copa, and when they came over to Ipanema they found it to be much safer. When we walked over to Leblon, it felt even safer. I am not affiliated with the site, but I used flathuntersrio.com to book the condo. It was a really nice 2 bedroom condo with sofa bed, and was only $80/night. It was in a secure building with 24 hour security guard.

Kunal

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rafal,

I went a few years ago with some friends and we stayed in a condo that was rented out. We stayed in Ipanema, and out friends stayed in Copa. 50% of our friends were mugged in Copa, and when they came over to Ipanema they found it to be much safer. When we walked over to Leblon, it felt even safer. I am not affiliated with the site, but I used flathuntersrio.com to book the condo. It was a really nice 2 bedroom condo with sofa bed, and was only $80/night. It was in a secure building with 24 hour security guard.

Kunal
Thanks! I'll keep it in mind.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I booked a hotel at Ipanema 50m from the beach. Looking to find some activities for 7 days in Rio. Suggestions?

Thursday-Sunday - Belo Horizonte
Monday - arrive in Rio around 1pm, check in to hotel, then beach and later dinner.
Tuesday - Corcovado, go there at noon, then walk around the beach, dinner and maybe drinks after.
Wednesday - Sugar Leaf, then dinner
Thursday - ?
Friday - ?
Saturday - ?
Sunday - Flight to Belo Horizonte
Monday - BH
Tuesday - BH
Wednesday - Boston

Any suggestions of how to fill up my time?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
In Rio now. Went to Corcovado yesterday and Maracana today. Seeing the Cristo statue - absolutely amazing experience.

Went to a beach every day so far, I have to say that I wish I lived here...

Everybody here is a race car driver. I remember reading somewhere that everybody feels like they are a Senna, but.. shit! it's fucking scary to be on the road here. I was on the bus and it bumped off another bus twice while taking a corner at 40mph. Craziness.

Capirinha ftw. Gotta love the lemon infused cachaca. A sweet-sour 40% of alcohol. Bringing few bottles with me back to USA for sure. It's amazing that I can go to the beach, get a chair and for $3-4 I can get a drink there. Lotta people smoke weed, you can drink on the street but nobody here seems to be drunk, or at least boozed.

Tonight going to watch Brazil-Argentina friendly game at some bar. Going to Lapa tomorrow and Friday.

Anyone from Rio with more suggestions?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts