Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get my hands on a super clean "JDM YO" style import like a swapped civic/rsx/s2k/anything RHD. There was a super sweet civic down here on craigslist for 8grand that was completely done up, volks, brides, you know the deal but he sold it the day before I called, ugh. Not really looking for speed just something that would be fun to absolutely WAIL on and not give a shit about.

Where do I look for this kind of stuff? modified car trader has nothing, the Honda forum has nothing but kids shit boxes or stock civics??
Craigslist has nothing in all of florida

*Not into the completely slammed hellaflush go .5mph completely sideways over a speedbump type deal.

·
Registered
6,214 Posts
buy a stock car and do it all yourself.

or

go on the correct specific forums and look in the classifieds. There are TONS for sale.

honda-tech.com
k20a.org
s2ki.com
nwp4life.com

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
S2000, and I'd also consider the TSX. Its like a Si for grown-ups. Considering they're around 30k new, and 25k with a few miles, Id say its a good value. Honestly anything 4 cyl that's light with a VTEC and Manual is an absolute blast to drive.. That's why their so popular. Most pull HARD all the way up to 8k. And then that moment at around 4-5k when the car opens up and starts actually going.. There's no way to describe it. I beat the shit out of my car, I drive full out and shift at 8k everyday and I've had zero problems. Good luck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
32 Posts
First off any RHD car less than 25yrs will be illegal in FL 99.99% of the time, 2nd thing is, it's pretty difficult on these roads. With that said, what is your budget on Jdm style car?

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With that said, what is your budget on Jdm style car?
Im not sure what a rhd 8th gen civic type R would cost in the states or something of that caliber. I don't see 30grand being out of the question if it is extremely nice and rare but the less I spend the less I have to give a shit about it which is part of the idea.

It doesn't even have to be "JDM" so to speak just a converted rhd rsx type s/w.e with a bunch of goodies on it would suffice.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
If you want a rhd integra shell I can help you out.
Completely uninterested in building my own car. Did this twice with and evo 8 and X. Rather let someone else put 500hrs and not get paid into it.

Most work im interested in doing is tinting and wrapping the car myself and swapping a steering wheel.

Thanks tho

these being inexpensive cars I have no problem buying sight unseen from CA if there are tons of pics so that opens up tons of options I would think. Ill be ready to write a check by the end of the week once I've figured out what jap stuff I really like.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

The suby is right up my alley...

I just got my grandmas 97 Subaru legacy automatic I wanted since I was a kid, waiting for me at my place up north as the new beater car with a permanent bike rack on the back. Was considering a trade with my dealer on a new 14 sti for the z06 and 11k but cant make up my mind. always liked the subys

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
just sold my R33 Skyline, i know a few people selling fully legal Skylines in FL

let me know if interested
he already said he wants cheap, but not to cheap 30K is ok......but the less the better

also he does not want a nice car just something cheap.....yet rare, that he can beat up and not care about........BUT VERY RARE!!

Reactions: Aarron_M

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
he already said he wants cheap, but not to cheap 30K is ok......but the less the better

also he does not want a nice car just something cheap.....yet rare, that he can beat up and not care about........BUT VERY RARE!!
Skylines are cheap.... i sold my for 18k.. my buddys is going for 20k..

1 - 20 of 41 Posts