Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alex just dynoed my stock 997TT tip... Bone stock car made 420awhp, and 460 ft lbs of torque... Same dyno where stock Lp640s make 460awhp, and 360ft lbs of torque... Keep in mind my car is an autobox which robs more power than a 6 speed would too... We were both suprised by the torque...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Porsche is faster... but the other is an LP640. The P could have 1500hp and 99.9% of SoCal wouldn't give two f*cks.

The doors go up. . . :bow1:

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
^ sad, isn't it....
Not really... if you aren't a "car guy" the 997 TT is all but indistinguishable from a 10+ yr old N/A 911. That happens when you have no evolution in the design.

Even my grandma knows an LP640 is a f-in hot car, even if it's slower. It's bold, loud, and obnoxious... I LOVE IT!

Phantom? Again, roll up in something bigger than a 1br appt and people know something is up.

997 is almost as disguised as a 65 series AMG, its cool if that's what YOU want, but far from a head turner.

Remember this is SoCal where ever reasonably successful accountant drives a porsche, even having the turbo makes you a douchenozzle.

Either step up the DD platform or step WAY down and fly under the radar.

If it were me, I would have a CLK63 Black for a fun DD, drophead or phantom coupe to pimp in, keep the TTG for fast, then unload the bentley and 997.

If you want a comfortable 4 seater dd buy an old body style(PRE 10') CL65 for $50k.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Not really... if you aren't a "car guy" the 997 TT is all but indistinguishable from a 10+ yr old N/A 911. That happens when you have no evolution in the design.

Even my grandma knows an LP640 is a f-in hot car, even if it's slower. It's bold, loud, and obnoxious... I LOVE IT!

Phantom? Again, roll up in something bigger than a 1br appt and people know something is up.

997 is almost as disguised as a 65 series AMG, its cool if that's what YOU want, but far from a head turner.

Remember this is SoCal where ever reasonably successful accountant drives a porsche, even having the turbo makes you a douchenozzle.

Either step up the DD platform or step WAY down and fly under the radar.

If it were me, I would have a CLK63 Black for a fun DD, drophead or phantom coupe to pimp in, keep the TTG for fast, then unload the bentley and 997.

If you want a comfortable 4 seater dd buy an old body style(PRE 10') CL65 for $50k.
Porsche is EVOLUTION... that is exactly the definition of it... you stick to one idea and make it work and better.
In the other hand... Revolution... at least on design is what Lambo keep trying to create, cars over the top from the beautiful Miura smoth lines to the not so much Countach.
Most Porsche owners like the 911 pure lasting 911design.Remember what happen to the 928.
Lambos are like Hot Rods... used as weekenders and most of time as social statement... C'mon we all know that.
Dont get me wrong... I like Lambos, but since I am not in SoCal I Drive the 997TT and keep my Hot Rods for the weekend.

·
Registered
522 Posts
social statement LOL . yeah most lambo drivers cant drive hahah. or think they can weaving in and out of 101 traffic XD. but i know one 599 gto driver that reaLLY CAN NOT DRIVE ;) EITHER MAYBE FERRARI IS WORSE lol

·
Registered
71 Posts
My dealership sells Astons , Lambo, Rolls, Bently and used Ferrari. I was there recently and saw a TurboS with 300 miles for sale. It was traded in on a Gallardo SuperL. One of the salesman told me that the 911 was the fastest car that he ever drove. I asked for a test drive and I was blown away. I had a well modified 996tt before I switched to Astons but this was a huge step up from my old Porsche. You can't fault this car for it's sheer performance. I recognize the "commonality" of the 911 but if you just want to let loose in crazy-fast car and don't care about the way the doors open there is no better machine. I say this with a Vantage V12 on order.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The commonality is part of the beauty. Sure they are ubiquitous, but that just means you can park it on the street and people leave it alone. Get on the gas and leave cars worth 2x as much behind. Its the ultimate everyday supercar. It doesnt turn heads, but it does everything it is supposed to extremely well. Torque is what makes you feel horsepower. I love lambos, they sound better than anything on the road, they are flashy, they cost a lot of $, they draw lots of attention, they are rare (not as much as they used to be), their design always looks like is from the future, even the 30 year old countach will draw more attention than a CGT. But you just can't discount the performance the porsche can deliver. And where they really shine is on the racetrack. I've been flogging my 993tt on the track for 5 years. I don't even drive it on the street anymore because I know what its capable of on track and I will end up behind bars if I get caught taking it out on a spirited drive.

·
Deer Whisperer
5,493 Posts
I love these discussions. If you drive a Porsche, then they are the best. If you drive a Lambo, then the are the best. If you drive a Neon, then you think you know what is best.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts