Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am surprised with all the wheel companies on 4play that no-one responded . . . I would like to know . . . thoughts please

·
Registered
580 Posts
I am surprised with all the wheel companies on 4play that no-one responded . . . I would like to know . . . thoughts please
I guess if there's no sale to be made, there's no point in helping.

I'm surprised that someone that owns an S class Mercedes can't take 5 seconds to make a quick google search...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Is it a quick 5 second search? Is the answer right there on the first search results page? Maybe he uses Bing?

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
I did a Google search and I didn't find anything, some of you guys need to stop criticizing everyone. OP there is a good chance that they will not fit since I believe the off-sets are different, but I maybe incorrect.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
The wheel sponsors are here to sell aftermarket wheels--nothing gained on their end by you swapping out wheels that aren't aftermarket.

Both the W221 & W222 are 5X112. They're interchangeable. IMO, bad move aesthetically and value-wise, but that's on you.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I did a Google search and I didn't find anything, some of you guys need to stop criticizing everyone. OP there is a good chance that they will not fit since I believe the off-sets are different, but I maybe incorrect.
But Raven said five seconds.......... ;)

The wheel sponsors are here to sell aftermarket wheels--nothing gained on their end by you swapping out wheels that aren't aftermarket.

Both the W221 & W222 are 5X112. They're interchangeable. IMO, bad move aesthetically and value-wise, but that's on you.
It's called being a valuable member beyond that if a salesman. They have easy access to the info so why not help out. Takes years sometimes in my line of business to land a customer. The little help goes a long way when it's time to make the move.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Regarding the stock wheels: they WON'T fit according to my dealer.

We discussed this with our dealer because of recently acquired winter wheels and tires and the dealer figured out since there were changes made (in respect of offset and width) that '12 wheels will NOT fit on a '14 S...

He also mailed a tech sheet which states the actual tech specs and they differ from the '12 minimally.

EDIT: Yes they are both 5x112 but that's not all you have to consider when changing wheels from one model to another!

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
What's different? I think they may need to be spaced out a few MM to clear the brakes from the Google search I did.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
EDIT: Yes they are both 5x112 but that's not all you have to consider when changing wheels from one model to another!
Common knowledge that you're stating, bud. If the dealer's involved, nine times out of ten, whatever you've got "isn't going to work." The W221's 18X8.5's (standard size for the W222) is 43mm offset--that particular wheel will bolt up to the W222's.

·
Registered
904 Posts
The W221's 18X8.5's (standard size for the W222) is 43mm offset--that particular wheel will bolt up to the W222's.
Ok didn't know that - I just researched for 20"s...wasn't aware of the fact that someone would take the 18"s. A buddy of mine tried to bolt 221 wheels on a customers v222 - rumor has it that it looked like [email protected]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts