Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some wheels for a 66 caddy.

Found classic whitewalls for 2400 on wires.

But still debating and for repros that seems a bit high.

maybe 22's or classics.

This is a budget resto.

Thoughts plz

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'd go with some Sombreros with a 3" whitewall. Even though the 66' was a few years late on the large whitewalls, the ones I have done look amazing and the new owner's usually end up keeping it that way.

If you're looking for something more new age, you can try a 20"-22", 100 spoke Dayton knock off in all black. They look great and give the car a real gangster look.

and yes, $2,400 is way too much for those wires....

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd go with some Sombreros with a 3" whitewall. Even though the 66' was a few years late on the large whitewalls, the ones I have done look amazing and the new owner's usually end up keeping it that way.

If you're looking for something more new age, you can try a 20"-22", 100 spoke Dayton knock off in all black. They look great and give the car a real gangster look.

and yes, $2,400 is way too much for those wires....
they were tires included. But they came from hobbycar.com if i remember.

i thought it seemed a bit steep taking that a decent set of 22's and tires are about the same now. any links would help!

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
that seems pretty high. we got NOS factory chrome wheels for a buick wildcat for $150... just got to hit up some trade shows for the best stuff. that way you can see the condition

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^ that thing looks insane on the 22"s

youre tearing me between the two. ill price them out. Im guessing you went with oe 15in? or did you go to 17?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Silversurfers pic FTW!

The Thicker White walls hold a few great characteristics in the look they give off.

While MTK's Rivi set up looks amazing for what he has done, I think that the thicker white walls hold a beautiful custom look for today, and still bring back the nostalgia of yesterday.

Beautiful car none the less.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts