Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I am just old school, but on my Panteras my wheels are just polished aluminum with no clear coat. Downside is I have to work them every couple months with polish to keep them real bright. Upside is that they really shine after a good polish. On my black Pantera it has a 427 aluminum engine with fuel injection system, all not clear coated, so I have to do the same maintenance process as the wheels. I have seen my same fuel injection system in clear coat, and it does seem to be less shiny, so for that area I prefer non clear coat for the extre bling. But for my SL 65 I have some ADV05 DC with polished rim on order and applying clear coat.

Made me just wonder about any experiences out there with clear coated wheels, good, bad or ugly. I presume the coat may be slightly less shiny on polished aluminum, like my fuel injection example above, but maybe it is less noticeable on wheels since you usually don't get your nose right down into the wheels. Plus side, I imagine regular maintenance is a breeze unless over years the coat may start to come off requiring re-coat.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts