Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been looking for a new computer system and was wondering what everyone was using. I'm looking for something that I can use for a business computer utilizing different software apps and possibly to run some websites here and there.

I know some of you work from home and have some pretty crazy setups, so let's see them and elaborate a little on what your using and for what.

Todd

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm currently on an HP i7 laptop, fully stock setup. I love it. Nothing has problems running EXCEPT when I'm editing big video files in Sony Vegas Pro.

I am also interested in seeing other video editor's setups. I assume it would be all macs?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Power Mac G5, never had a problem in two years. Its used for website, some graphics, office and quickbooks. Dell laptop for mobile uses.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Main computer: Alienware M17x 8 gig of ram quad core extreme 2 gig of graphics + 22 inch HP LED monitor
Netbook: Lenovo x120e 4 gig of ram 64 gig kingston ssd + L4P sticker
Home server: AMD hex core 4 gig of ram 4TB's in Raid 6

edit:Also I run Linux, on everything, none of that windows vs OS X crap.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
And I think Slo wins..

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
HP G42. 8G and 520GB storage, built in webcam, yada yada yada :)

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
^^ lol

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
way to many to list....

10tb servers, 4 touch screens around the house, 3 laptops, 2 desktops...

the list is way to damn long.

plus everything is on fiber, with a t1, dsl, and a back up 56k(be jealous)

I think i have about 20 more computers too just holding shit up in the basement too.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally some pics added. I never used a Mac to be honest. My wifes Ipad is my first apple product.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Home-built desktop, NZXT phantom case w/ more fans than I can count, Nvidia GTX570 + 9800GT, 8 TB of storage, bluray burner/reader/etc., 16 GB ram, 2x ASUS LED LCD 23" monitors, Mionix Naos 5000 mouse.

Macbook Pro 13"

Cheap Ikea desks + chair (gotta save somewhere so I can keep pouring money into cars/gadgets...)

Forget the model of the speakers, but they're Creative Audio branded. They're really nice, and look awesome.

Plus, it's all networked to my TV+Boxee and serves as a media server for my collection of movies/tv shows/etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
2.3 ghz i7 mbp, 15 inch hi res matte screen, 500gb hybrid ssd, 8gb ram, too many external hds to count. Handles all of my photo/ video/ audio editing needs as well as general web browsing.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Home-built desktop, NZXT phantom case w/ more fans than I can count, Nvidia GTX570 + 9800GT, 8 TB of storage, bluray burner/reader/etc., 16 GB ram, 2x ASUS LED LCD 23" monitors, Mionix Naos 5000 mouse.

Macbook Pro 13"

Cheap Ikea desks + chair (gotta save somewhere so I can keep pouring money into cars/gadgets...)

Forget the model of the speakers, but they're Creative Audio branded. They're really nice, and look awesome.

Plus, it's all networked to my TV+Boxee and serves as a media server for my collection of movies/tv shows/etc.
Legit, I really need to switch to a desktop setup, I just don't have the funds with the whole school thing...Although I did just buy a 42 inch plasma for my dorm room...but that was necessary.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts