Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some opinions and experience from Lambo owners on which car would be good for a first time lambo owner.

This will be my first exotic, so I am trying to do as much homeork ahead of time so that I am properly informed when the time comes.

I will be going used and want something that had decent reliability and wont depreciate much more than the norm.

I have been looking at early model Murci's as I hear they are tunable and prices have really dropped. I would expect them to come down a lot more once the new Murci replacement is announded.

I have also been advised to look at later model Diablos in terms of performance, value and appreciation.

E Gear seems to be the way I want to go... (Diablo excluded) with this I know comes more repair bills but its time for a change.

Then Im thinking about doing a Gallardo.... An LP560 would be ideal or a later model Gallardo.. Have been told that early model Gallardos have weark rears, lower HP and are plagued by electrical issues. Not sure the truth to this... If I do go Gallardo there is a pretty good chance that I will TT is.... Also, I want e gear only on the G..

Any advice the community could lend would be sincerely appreciated.

·
Registered
704 Posts
If you are thinking about TT, then the best bet is 6 speed. And as far as gallardos, I would go with NERA, Superleggera, LP-560, LP-550, LP570.

Murci wise, a used but low miles/good condition LP640 can be had around the 200k range right now. It should depreciate more when the replacement comes out.

GOOD LUCK WITH THE SEARCH!

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ I see most of the G's out there that are TT'd as running e-gear. Why do you suggest a spd?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Kurt, you are right about the early Murcis being tunable, although the e-gear in the murci has never been anything amazing as the car was not originally designed to have a e-gear transmission. nonetheless many people buy and enjoy egear as evidenced by the death of 6-speed....

Gallardo....if you are going to TT, omg that is awesome and you should totally do it. They are completely different cars, one is a torquey beast the other feels much more compact and go-karty. I love the Gallardo, but you cannot escape the exotic feeling of a murci and 12 cylinders blaring behind you....

either way give me a call you know I can help you out bud.

Jonathan

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kurt, you are right about the early Murcis being tunable, although the e-gear in the murci has never been anything amazing as the car was not originally designed to have a e-gear transmission. nonetheless many people buy and enjoy egear as evidenced by the death of 6-speed....

Gallardo....if you are going to TT, omg that is awesome and you should totally do it. They are completely different cars, one is a torquey beast the other feels much more compact and go-karty. I love the Gallardo, but you cannot escape the exotic feeling of a murci and 12 cylinders blaring behind you....

either way give me a call you know I can help you out bud.

Jonathan

Thanks man..

I was lurking around your site this morning..

Liked the Yellow '01 diablo too.

We will be @ SEMA... So will be sure to see you then...

Am not sure when I am doing this yet.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I have an 05 Gallardo 6speed, have put 16,000 miles on it in 18 months and apart from maintenance and tires I have only repaired and O2 sensor, a battery and an AC compressor. I would say I am very satisfied with it. I put in a clutch when I took delivery and this is my first exotic.

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have an 05 Gallardo 6speed, have put 16,000 miles on it in 18 months and apart from maintenance and tires I have only repaired and O2 sensor, a battery and an AC compressor. I would say I am very satisfied with it.
^ Not bad.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thanks man..

I was lurking around your site this morning..

Liked the Yellow '01 diablo too.

We will be @ SEMA... So will be sure to see you then...

Am not sure when I am doing this yet.

sounds good buddy, see you then. and generally speaking, especially with the Gallardo engine - they are pretty damn bullet proof!

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
My friend's first lambo was an 06 Gallardo spyder e-gear and he LOVED it; until it caught fire and burnt to a crisp. That didn't stop him from buying another though. He now has an 08 G spyder. He has not reported any problems and it sees the road everyday and even in the snow.

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Note, that e-gear didn't come out for the Murci until '04. Best of luck with the hunt.

Nick
Thanks Nick!

Note, that e-gear didn't come out for the Murci until '04. Best of luck with the hunt.

Nick
Seems par for the course with most exotics... Ferrari, lambo they all catch fire but are usually recalled

Some guys G just caught fire in his driveway last week I read.. He was glad he didnt put it in the garage.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I used to own a 05 G (6spd) and drove an 03 murc (6spd) once.....there is no comparo unless you tt the G.

I really dont like the E gear lp640 murc that my friend owns...it feels a bit clunky. but he traded the 03 murc on it so he must like it a lot more.

early Gs can be had for hella cheap (mid 80s for a good one) now so that also is a factor if you are going to tt it...but most of those are 6spd

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I used to own a 05 G (6spd) and drove an 03 murc (6spd) once.....there is no comparo unless you tt the G.

I really dont like the E gear lp640 murc that my friend owns...it feels a bit clunky. but he traded the 03 murc on it so he must like it a lot more.

early Gs can be had for hella cheap (mid 80s for a good one) now so that also is a factor if you are going to tt it...but most of those are 6spd

What is the HP and Torque of the early Murics compared to lp640... stands for 640 HP right?

Any other advancements in the murci vs. lp 640 in terms of styling, interior, improvements to other systems? I can see the tails and body cladding is a bit diff...

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
What is the HP and Torque of the early Murics compared to lp640... stands for 640 HP right?

Any other advancements in the murci vs. lp 640 in terms of styling, interior, improvements to other systems? I can see the tails and body cladding is a bit diff...
640 is measured in PS which is overseas measuring of power. It is 632hp in USA. LP670SV has 662hp. Veyron has 1001 PS=987hp. Murcis run between 560 and 662hp

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
^^^ adding on. There are several noticable body differences between murci and LP640. LP640 has single channel exhaust, begger scoops, more aero front bumper and rear, ect

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
the early murcs had 560 vs the 640 6.3l vs 6.5l
the new murcs have launch control, the interior is better with more head room. better suspension, and Carbon silicide brakes were an option on the LP dont think the regular murcs had Cs brakes even as an option. the awd system is also different but I am not 100% sure on that one.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts