Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to raise some cash - about 25k.USD
This would involve wither selling my MINT 1989 Porsche Carrera 3.2 -
which I have owned for 5 years and drive occassionally on Sundays.
or
Sell at least one of my Panerai Collection:

Pam 127 Fiddy
Pam 249 California

Pam 195 Collectors Edition (name on back - this wont be sold)

What would you do

·
Gold Sponsor
1,534 Posts
sell the watches, every time, no doubt

·
Registered
399 Posts
What are you going to get more enjoyment out of....looking at the time or downshifting to second and blasting through those twisties?

·
10,594 Posts
A car is one big wear item. It also costs $ to maintain and own it and insure it. As it is not a particularly rare model or depended on for transportation by any means and only likely to depreciate further I say dump the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses folks.

Insurance is next to nothing as its insured as a limited mileage use Classic Car.
It has (touch wood cost be very little in maintainance as its so low mileage 30,000 !)

The car has, like the watch appreciated in value over the past 5 years but has probably reached its MAX, howver the watches are safe queens, my heart says sell the Fiddy Pam 127.
The Porsche is impossible to replace in that condition, the Pam 127 would however at a later date be able to source. I am just uncertain whether the Pam 127 will increase in value more...
I guess it all comes down to what would be my biggest regret factor ....and that's the BIG question :-((

·
Registered
140 Posts
Sell your Porsche to me. :)

I've been in the market for a 87-89 911 for a while. PM me if you are interested

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
sounds like you don't want to sell the car.

i'd sell the 249. keep the 127, that seems to be the grail of the newer pams for a lot of new collectors.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts