Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I know there's a bunch of clubs around NY but what are some good hip-hop ones for people in their 20's near Central Park? Also where could I get a I ♥ NY Tee? R there shops around Times square
I haven't been to a hip-hop club in years so I can't help you there....I <3 NY t, you can find anywhere even @ the airport once you land....too many shops in T.S. just walk around

·
Registered
310 Posts
I know there's a bunch of clubs around NY but what are some good hip-hop ones for people in their 20's near Central Park? Also where could I get a I ♥ NY Tee? R there shops around Times square
greenhouse on tuesdays for hippop or m2 ultra lounge aka mansion or marquee

·
Registered
4 Posts
As far as rooftop lounges, 230Fifth, Gansevoort, Standard Hotel, the Standard also has a cool Beer Garden. If you're staying where I think you are, there should be a "rooftop bar" which isn't too high up, and the W across the street from you has a bar on the 5th floor with an outdoor balcony.

If you're here on vacation and don't want to deal with stress, I'd say cabbing around would be the best way to get around, otherwise I'd get a subway map, there are tour buses but I've never taken them so don't know exactly how they work.

Other tips are if you're keen on seeing the Statue of Liberty, take the Staten Island Ferry if you don't want to climb the Statue of Liberty, it's free and goes right by the Island, you can also see it if you cross the West Side Highway, go behind the World Financial Center buildings and walk along the water.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Any recommended lounges? Something on a roof deck with a nice view perhaps?
My favorite place to eat for lunch in NYC.... Its right outside my job.
Its called "The Frying Pan".

Food: They Have BBQ Grill style food (order Skirt steak sandwich & seasoned Fries).
View: Your sitting on a Barge right on the Hudson river over looking NJ and the George washington bridge.
Drinks: They have a full bar (Buckets of corona's are the norm)
Price: Expect to pay around $12-16 each for food. (Prices are higher at night)

Link
Frying Pan - New York, NY

You can also eat on the actual "frying pan" (Red boat in picture) which is attached to the barge... I also encourage you to walk around & inside the boat. It used to be under water...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Now this next one is strictly for bragging rights.... and to tell a story to your friends about "this crazy place in NYC".

Its called Crif Dogs.
Crif Dogs - New York, NY, 10009 - Citysearch

They have a list of some crazy topping on hotdogs... such as the BTL hot dog or Chihuahua (Bacon wrapped dog with avocadoes). There burgers suck so dont do it.....

Now for the fun part.....

If you notice in the first bottom image there's a old wooden phone booth inside crif dog(Which can be seen better by the second picture).

After 6pm you walk into that phone booth and pick up the phone and press #1 (You have to pick up the phone & press #1 or else nothing happens). Once you do The wall will move over revealing a hidden Bar called "Please dont Tell". yes this sounds like a joke but I am not shitting you

"Please Dont Tell"
Please Don't Tell - East Village - New York, NY

Official site
:: Please Don't Tell ::

There drinks are expensive but there not your average drink. You cant just get a Vodka and pineapple.

This review described it best "Yes the drinks are expensive but these guys are mixologists not bartenders and their work is really a science to watch and taste."

Table service is always packed and never available... so your best bet is to just show up and try for a seat at the bar, At worst the'll take your cell number down and call you when a spot opens up.

Again this place in my opinion didn't have the greatest drinks mostly because im a vodka guy and they mostly made drinks with whisky.... but its more the prestige of getting in and sharing with friends..... Its also funny when 4 of you leave from the phone booth and people are eating hot dogs looking at you like "how the hell did 4 of you come from that phone booth??".

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
^^damn didn't know about this place definitely got to check it out, I'm so pissed b/c I was on St. Marks Place the other night and saw the sign but walked right by it

·
Registered
107 Posts
^
Yeah dude its a cool date spot....
U take your girl and just tell her your going for hotdogs...lol
Its almost like the ol' cock in the popcorn trick ;)

Also while on saint marks The BEST Korean BBQ chicken my lips have ever tasted!!

Its called "Boka".

Boka - East Village - New York, NY

Your going to go in there...... And order a 20pc of wings... Half sweet... half spicy. and just enjoy!!!!

they also have drum sticks which are just as good.
Now that I think of it.. if you dont get into PDT the first try....give them your number for a call back and head over to boka for food.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I haven't been to a hip-hop club in years so I can't help you there....I <3 NY t, you can find anywhere even @ the airport once you land....too many shops in T.S. just walk around
Thanks!

greenhouse on tuesdays for hippop or m2 ultra lounge aka mansion or marquee
Will try and check those spots out!

Now this next one is strictly for bragging rights.... and to tell a story to your friends about "this crazy place in NYC".

Its called Crif Dogs.
Crif Dogs - New York, NY, 10009 - Citysearch

They have a list of some crazy topping on hotdogs... such as the BTL hot dog or Chihuahua (Bacon wrapped dog with avocadoes). There burgers suck so dont do it.....

Now for the fun part.....

If you notice in the first bottom image there's a old wooden phone booth inside crif dog(Which can be seen better by the second picture).

After 6pm you walk into that phone booth and pick up the phone and press #1 (You have to pick up the phone & press #1 or else nothing happens). Once you do The wall will move over revealing a hidden Bar called "Please dont Tell". yes this sounds like a joke but I am not shitting you

"Please Dont Tell"
Please Don't Tell - East Village - New York, NY

Official site
:: Please Don't Tell ::

There drinks are expensive but there not your average drink. You cant just get a Vodka and pineapple.

This review described it best "Yes the drinks are expensive but these guys are mixologists not bartenders and their work is really a science to watch and taste."

Table service is always packed and never available... so your best bet is to just show up and try for a seat at the bar, At worst the'll take your cell number down and call you when a spot opens up.

Again this place in my opinion didn't have the greatest drinks mostly because im a vodka guy and they mostly made drinks with whisky.... but its more the prestige of getting in and sharing with friends..... Its also funny when 4 of you leave from the phone booth and people are eating hot dogs looking at you like "how the hell did 4 of you come from that phone booth??".
That bar is definitely like something I've never seen in Cali.

·
Registered
431 Posts
sorry its late but in the Times Square area, there are two cool bars:

At the W hotel there is Blue Fin where you can people watch all day long... all glass :D

Also the Living Room is a bar upstairs (7 floor???) - cool lounge for sure....

hope the trip is fun!

·
Registered
2 Posts
^^all great choices...especially Girmaldis lol

Tell us a little more of what you want to do...prefer Bars/lounge? Clubs? Hookah? Activity (SPIN GALATIC comes to mind if your into PING PONG mixed w/ Alcohol) Cigars?

some places that quickly come to mind:

Area: Union Square...
Places: The Belmont Lounge, Coffee Shop, Bluewater Grill...there is a handful of places in the area just walk around and there is always people in the area @ all hrs of the night

Area: SOHO....
Places: Ear Bar (on Spring St. & motorcycle night on Tuesdays you can drink outside b/c inside is small but food is great)

Caña (right next door to Ear Bar, great on Saturday nights if your into Spanish Rock & South American women)

Spring St. is one of those streets you can walk up and down and find many places On it & around the area

If your into CIGARS check out MACANUDO....IIRC its on 67 & Park...

If you into Hookah there are tons of places in the area of ALPHABET SOUP...avenue A, B, C, D...most of the ones I've been too are on Ave B but can't remember their names we usually just hop around if we are in the area which reminds me that we were walking down St. Marks Place the other night and stumbled upon "THE BELGIAN ROOM" belgian beer bar, great belgian brews on tap....

sorry for the ramble but I just said places that quickly came to mind but like others have said, just walking around you'll find a ton of awesome places.....

what days are you here specifially? Alone or w/ friends/wife/gf? Lately the wife & I have been heading alot into the city so maybe we can meet up for a drink...

also if you have an "App" phone I advise downloading the map of the subway system but for short jaunts & late night trips (no traffic) taxi's work great
+++++1 Totally Agree .......

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Just got back to Boston. Fantastic weekend and living in NYC is definitely fun, although traffic is definitely pain.

On Saturday morning went to the Essex Restaurant Brunch. $22 got me 3 drinks and an awesome breakfast. Such a great hangover cure!

Then we went to Soho. Stopped by for some Mexican Corn and shopped around a bit.

Went for food to Polonia Eatery (i'm polish, i was craving for some polish food), had a trout with fries and some awesome beer (tyskie). Later went to the Fatty Crab for more food.

At night went to Pacha. Got on a guestlist and showed up before midnight to avoid cover ($40), inside Ceballos was spinning and I must say I wasn't too impressed. Good crowd and not as many guidos/douchebags as I expected. We brought our girls so we didn't care anyway.

On Sunday went to Times Square. Then for dinner stopped at Thai-French restaurant. Got a $120 parking ticket in a meantime (apparently you have to park 7 feet away from a hydrant, not 3-4ft). Around 4pm decided to go to Metropolitan Museum of Art for some edumucating.

In the end went to Korea Town and departed to Boston.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Any exotic dealership recommendations to check out?
If your still around there's one across the street from my job....
They have spyker, lotus, Ferrari, lamborghini & Porsche.
Its called Manhattan motorcars. Its between 28th & 27th street on 11th ave.

Just got back to Boston. Fantastic weekend and living in NYC is definitely fun, although traffic is definitely pain.

On Saturday morning went to the Essex Restaurant Brunch. $22 got me 3 drinks and an awesome breakfast. Such a great hangover cure!

Then we went to Soho. Stopped by for some Mexican Corn and shopped around a bit.

Went for food to Polonia Eatery (i'm polish, i was craving for some polish food), had a trout with fries and some awesome beer (tyskie). Later went to the Fatty Crab for more food.

At night went to Pacha. Got on a guestlist and showed up before midnight to avoid cover ($40), inside Ceballos was spinning and I must say I wasn't too impressed. Good crowd and not as many guidos/douchebags as I expected. We brought our girls so we didn't care anyway.

On Sunday went to Times Square. Then for dinner stopped at Thai-French restaurant. Got a $120 parking ticket in a meantime (apparently you have to park 7 feet away from a hydrant, not 3-4ft). Around 4pm decided to go to Metropolitan Museum of Art for some edumucating.

In the end went to Korea Town and departed to Boston.
Nice man!!! glad you enjoyed it. Just expect to provide the same details when us new yorkers visit boston. ;)

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
If your still around there's one across the street from my job....
They have spyker, lotus, Ferrari, lamborghini & Porsche.
Its called Manhattan motorcars. Its between 28th & 27th street on 11th ave.

Nice man!!! glad you enjoyed it. Just expect to provide the same details when us new yorkers visit boston. ;)
I'll be in NY from the 2nd to the 10th and I'll definitely try and make it out to that spot. Too bad it's going to be raining the majority of my trip :(

21 - 40 of 60 Posts