Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
I completely agree with you! I had a Siglo IV tubo tonight and it was very grassy/hayish. I had one a few months ago and it was a lot spicier. But it's just not a cuban thing.... I've actually had 2 or 3 bad padrons where they had horrible, uneven burn, or tasted sour. But, I still think they are the most consistent, despite the few bad apples in the batch. I'm starting to think that the non-cuban manufacturers are stepping up their game, while the cuban manufacturers are taking the opposite route.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Jeff mentioned something about the cuban infrastructure being total sh*t these days...which no doubt leads to poor consistency you're seeing and other issues.

Yet they still put the bands on with the precision of a robot LOL

I've had many crap cubans too, the montecristos have been the best IMO.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Most of the time when a cigar is sour or bitter it means they need to be matured. Put them in your humidor and come back to them in a few months. The longer you leave cigars to season in your humidor the more complex the flavor becomes. This goes for all cigars no matter what region they come from. When demand is high cigar manufactures are no different than anyone else. They will push their product and capitalize on the demand. Even if that means putting some newer tobacco in with matured tobacco to fill the orders. Sometimes a batch of tobacco ready for production could be partially damaged (bugs, heat or etc.). The manufactures will add some tobacco to fill the order from the same silo with a different maturity to fill the order. That's usually why you have a sour in the batch. When that happens I would suggest putting them up and forgetting about them for a while. One of the best cigars I have ever had was a pre-embargo tobacco cigar.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All I know is that there is a lot of bs with Cubans: 3 years ago, big party/gathering/meeting in London with worldwide distributors. One of the biggest distributors asks the big boss "What do I do with the 3000 boxes of clogged Montecristo No.4?" His answer "You know what to do" (sell them). Integrity, my culo.

Cuban cigars are like exotic cars: as long as you baby them, the experience you'll get will be one of a kind.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Sorry, I'll go back and have them fix it for you. lol ^^Cuban^^

·
Registered
331 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Most of the time when a cigar is sour or bitter it means they need to be matured. Put them in your humidor and come back to them in a few months. The longer you leave cigars to season in your humidor the more complex the flavor becomes. This goes for all cigars no matter what region they come from..
I second that

1 - 11 of 11 Posts