Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ItODDospeed brought home a PAM for me to try out, courtesy of our friendly and generous AD. Forgive the crappy iPhone pic.
This is a gently loved, Rob Montana strapped Luminor GMT.

I'm not sold on a 44mm watch, even though my G-Shock is a 50mm.

What do you guys think, is this the right size for me?

·
Registered
971 Posts
pam 88

nice piece! and great transition between base and more advanced pams!

hope you get a good price!

if not i have one available!!

in regards to size. your wrist looks pretty small. the rule of thumb is that the lugs should not stick out wider than your wrist.. and it looks like it does.. Big time.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^ that's where I am in regards to the size. I like the 049, but he won't wear a 40mm and that seems to be the dealbreaker. He's gonna want to wear it also.

It feels enormous on me.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Looks great! Does the strap fit your wrist exact? My fiances watches seemed very big then I ordered her 5 straps from rob to fit her wrist to the "t" and the watch looks like it fit better and almost wears a little smaller. She has 4 PAMs now 44-47mm.....:clap:

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks great! Does the strap fit your wrist exact? My fiances watches seemed very big then I ordered her 5 straps from rob to fit her wrist to the "t" and the watch looks like it fit better and almost wears a little smaller. She has 4 PAMs now 44-47mm.....:clap:
So all of hers are big...hmmm. I saw the thread you posted with her new straps - that may be the key. This Rob strap may just be too long, I have it on the last hole and it's still sliding around on my wrist. It's not uncomfortable, I just don't want to bang it up any more.

so the votes seem to be evenly split for and against. This wouldn't be the exact watch I get, so I guess I'll wear it for a few days and see if I get used to it. My Gucci watch seems so tiny now, even after only having the PAM on for a few hours.

·
7,022 Posts
So all of hers are big...hmmm. I saw the thread you posted with her new straps - that may be the key. This Rob strap may just be too long, I have it on the last hole and it's still sliding around on my wrist. It's not uncomfortable, I just don't want to bang it up any more.

so the votes seem to be evenly split for and against. This wouldn't be the exact watch I get, so I guess I'll wear it for a few days and see if I get used to it. My Gucci watch seems so tiny now, even after only having the PAM on for a few hours.
Test driving for a few days is a good idea. Also, try an OEM strap which will be thinner and shorter. My wife wears my 233 and after getting used to it, she loves it. If you decide it's still too big, wait for the new 42 mm rad's that are coming out. Before you go to the 40 mm PAM, consider a Daytona; super hot on a lady.

PAM=panerai Model (I think that's where it comes from)

·
10,594 Posts
If you decide it's still too big, wait for the new 42 mm rad's that are coming out. Before you go to the 40 mm PAM, consider a Daytona; super hot on a lady.

PAM=panerai Model (I think that's where it comes from)
I think a 42mm rad would wear like a 40mm luminor. 40mm luminor is a good option because they have been around a long time, lot more available, more styles to chose from and will be cheaper and easier to get than any new model 42mm radiomir coming out. I do think a radiomir has a more sculpted case that may appeal to women more. Totally agree with the statement that a 40mm Rolex is a super hot watch for gurlz. :whistle:

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
You need new straps. Once you have the correct size you'll feel the difference. Shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A very kind L4P'er was nice enough to send me a Rob strap that would better fit my wrist. It certainly makes a difference.

Now that the strap is more to my size, I like the 44mm for sure.

Thanks, Dinoone!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Try it on your right wrist. If your right handed that wrist should be a little bigger and it will definitely be more comfortable. Don't worry, if other people think it's to big. All that matters is that you like it.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Try it on your right wrist. If your right handed that wrist should be a little bigger and it will definitely be more comfortable. Don't worry, if other people think it's to big. All that matters is that you like it.
Definitely can't wear it on the right wrist. The case is so big and bulky, I'd be banging it on my desk all day - I mouse with my right hand and I am dependent on my computer.
I can't even wear a ring with a raised setting on that hand.

After trying it with a proper strap, it's good on the left. Now to decide which PAM...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts