Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what % are AD's typically discounting when dealing with Rolex?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Its from my knowledge that No Rolex AD is allowed to discount. They can loose their dealership.
A store in my town here discounted and also gave up part of their case to breitling, 2 days later the line got pulled. And now 8 years later they are finally getting the line back.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Of course this depends on the AD, some will not discount at all, but you should be able to get an AD to come within a reasonable distance to a grey dealer's price. Or, depending on the watch, sometimes beat a grey price for the same model. Discounts do vary depending on the model.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this is the one i like. with the slate face is so hot.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Its from my knowledge that No Rolex AD is allowed to discount. They can loose their dealership.
A store in my town here discounted and also gave up part of their case to breitling, 2 days later the line got pulled. And now 8 years later they are finally getting the line back.
Rolex is real aggressive at protecting their pricing. That being said I know if a dealer has had a particular Rolex for a year or more. They sometimes will deal with you. But on a popular model don't expect to be able to find a deal.

Have you thought about buying one used? I will just bet Cavallino has several you could choose from and chances are you would not even be able to tell the watch was even used.

·
Registered
190 Posts
You should be getting a deal on any watch..........I can 25-35 off rolex for most models......however obviously something that is rare or in demand you're not going to see these types of numbers. The trick is to find a dealer in a city that does not do that high of numbers....they are always looking to pop a few more out the door. Build a rep with that guy and you're in business.......or have a friend with a jewellery shop who sells it lol

But seriously you should get a discount MSRP is for suckers :)

·
7,022 Posts
Rolex is real aggressive at protecting their pricing. That being said I know if a dealer has had a particular Rolex for a year or more. They sometimes will deal with you. But on a popular model don't expect to be able to find a deal.

Have you thought about buying one used? I will just bet Cavallino has several you could choose from and chances are you would not even be able to tell the watch was even used.
I think the OP realizes gray market/pre owned advantages. Specifically, I think he is asking about forum favorite AD's. Best of luck; all AD's I know are pretty much MSRP unless you know them very well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts