Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

New to this part of L4P.

I've got a 1998 Ford F-150 and I want to start doing a few upgrades to it. While looking for new headlights, there was a picture of the headlights on the truck but the truck also had an aftermarket bumper on it which I want to find out the name of.

I can't link directly to the picture but here is the link to the headlights where the picture of the truck is: SPYDER® - Ford F-150 1997-2003 Black CCFL Halo Projector Headlights with LEDs

If anyone knows what kind of bumper that is in the picture it would be awesome if you could let me know!

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
pre-runner, maybe crawl style. i would go with the first

·
5,744 Posts
It's definitely a prerunner style bumper. Where do you live? Any local fab shop, with any decent ability can recreate that. Buying a complete one is going to be WAY more expensive.

My suggestion skip the top hoop. You're not going to be nerfing anyone. I ran no hoop and (3) hella 4000's on the front of my truck.

-Markus-

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
You're not going to be nerfing anyone.
Sorry if this is a dumb question but what does nerfing mean?

Also, I'm Toronto, Canada. Anyone have any ideas on fab shops? Also, do you have any idea what I'd be looking at with prices with a complete or fab'd one?

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
It would run me about 4-600 to have it fabbed with brackets. 600 for sure powdercoated

·
5,744 Posts
Well, Canada makes it a little tougher. I don't know what the market is like for fab shops up north. Down here, no matter the coast, you can easily track someone down that can make something like that. If you can find an independent guy, with a bender and a welder, you can get out for probably 3-$500. Larger shops are obviously going to charge you more. I know big time shops down here in SoCal, who don't want to be bothered making bumpers, will charger over a $1000.

-Markus-

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts