One pair of true religion I don't wear much

·
Registered
30 Posts
Lucky Brand, DKNY, and Levi's

·
Registered
610 Posts
Kind of decided to dabble in the raw denim / selvedge denim thing a little and see how I liked it. I have a weakness for crafted and small run stuff made with pride, be whatever it may. I also lightly follow fashion too, just out of interest and curiosity.

So far I've picked up a pair of Skargorns, a pair of Ruell & Rays, and a pair of 3Sixteens. I'm sure there's one more I'm forgetting the name of too. First impressions are that they are all pretty quality, but of course the sizing varies wildly. None of them have been something I've absolutely fallen in love with yet, though I do enjoy the prospect of breaking them in and seeing how they patina.

The Ruell and Rays seem the most versatile, and the most conservative in cut. The Skargorns are more affordable, and the denim is a little less "intense" for lack of a better word. The 3Sixteens seem by far the most heavy duty, but also in need of the most break-in effort. They're fighting me a bit, and like a good pair of leather soled boots, I imagine it's going to take some time to wear them in but they'll be pretty rewarding when they finally begin to give. In regard to weights, I think they go 12, 18, and 21 oz respectively. Not positive.

Anybody have any thoughts on these labels?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Closet is full of TR's right now, however I am getting back into Diesel's. That was pretty much all I used to wear so looking to get back into it. Just picked up my first Diesel pair in a long time a couple of days ago and will only buy those from now on. Will wear out the TR's as much as I can I guess.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Kind of decided to dabble in the raw denim / selvedge denim thing a little and see how I liked it. I have a weakness for crafted and small run stuff made with pride, be whatever it may. I also lightly follow fashion too, just out of interest and curiosity.

So far I've picked up a pair of Skargorns, a pair of Ruell & Rays, and a pair of 3Sixteens. I'm sure there's one more I'm forgetting the name of too. First impressions are that they are all pretty quality, but of course the sizing varies wildly. None of them have been something I've absolutely fallen in love with yet, though I do enjoy the prospect of breaking them in and seeing how they patina.

The Ruell and Rays seem the most versatile, and the most conservative in cut. The Skargorns are more affordable, and the denim is a little less "intense" for lack of a better word. The 3Sixteens seem by far the most heavy duty, but also in need of the most break-in effort. They're fighting me a bit, and like a good pair of leather soled boots, I imagine it's going to take some time to wear them in but they'll be pretty rewarding when they finally begin to give. In regard to weights, I think they go 12, 18, and 21 oz respectively. Not positive.

Anybody have any thoughts on these labels?
From what you described you gotta check out Roy Denim

261 - 276 of 276 Posts