Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be in Kansas City for work and staying at the Crowne Center Westin for the next 2 weeks. What is there to do in Kansas City as far as nightlife goes during the week and weekends. What are some places i must go to for food while i'm here.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
blue stem & the american are two very good restaurants - lots of bbq to be had too

- chuck

·
Registered
180 Posts
Power & Light known as KCP&L or P&L around here are a blast for visitors to get out. Make sure to stop by The Country Club Plaza (Plaza) for great food nightlife, and shopping as well. Skip out on Westport as it's not worht your time. And definitly just cruise around and scope out the area we have LOTS to see and some great districts....and if you don't have some BBQ whilw you're here, then you might as well not have even come! :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
P&L is overrated IMHO. I do think there is plenty to do in the KC are but I would leave out P&L unless partying and paying to much money for weak drinks is your thing.

·
Registered
747 Posts
P&L is overrated IMHO. I do think there is plenty to do in the KC are but I would leave out P&L unless partying and paying to much money for weak drinks is your thing.
AGREED 100%.

Make sure and check out the a few BBQ joints. I would recommend Arthur Bryants on 18th and Vine, Oklahoma Joes in the Gas Station off 39th as they are close. Make sure to hit up Grinders great atmosphere and food.

Plaza is always good for drinks and dining, as well as shopping.

·
Registered
214 Posts
HAHA nice to see someone from KC on this board. Bryants is the bomb. Grinders is a nice lil hideaway that has great food. How is B:2 out in LS?

·
Registered
736 Posts
If you like burgers check out Blanc Burgers & Bottles. They got a huge variety of beers & sodas, and some really gourmet burgers. And the fries are to die for.

OOOPS! Holy old thread batman.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Power and Light is awesome....

... if you like overpriced drinks, music that's too loud, and terrible parking. Oh and cookie cutter bars that pop up in entertainment districts in other large cities with the same bars.

There is plenty to do, see, and drink if that's what you are into but it kind of just depends on what you are after.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts