Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Carrera GT

·
5,744 Posts
Nothing on Gods Green Earth can compare in my opinion....

Give it till about 1:35

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
CGT With straight pipes.

·
Registered
723 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Easy, and no competition:

That's the BRM V16 Supercharged, I believe it's from 1953

The sound is from an old recording, though the original is about 8mins long... It can be heard in this next video, though the pictures in the montage are of a later model BRM

Turn up the volume. Loud.

Oh, and the engine, it's 1.5 liters. That's 91.5 CI. And it's about 600HP...

·
Registered
156 Posts
^OMG Fred's car!! :drool:
one of the first results in youtube for CGT, don't know Fred but you sir have one amazing vehicle. I am actually planning to pick up an 06 CGT from Motorsports of Scottsdale, just need to get my business off the ground and flip around 80 more houses! LOL but one day

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Easy, and no competition:

That's the BRM V16 Supercharged, I believe it's from 1953

The sound is from an old recording, though the original is about 8mins long... It can be heard in this next video, though the pictures in the montage are of a later model BRM

Turn up the volume. Loud.

Oh, and the engine, it's 1.5 liters. That's 91.5 CI. And it's about 600HP...
some tests show well over 600...(closer to 650)
so many cool things about that car. mirrored crank. two cyls firing at the same time at all times to even out the pressure on the crank...so at all times there are two exhaust and two iginition strokes going on...some crazy stuff...the pistons were small...i think smaller than two inches in diameter. the stroke was also less than 2 inches in diameter. it also had a two stage rolls royce blower. 135degree v.

and this was all designed in 1949!!!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Personally, the Carrera GT's V10 does absolutely nothing for me. It's too sterile. Even with the straight pipes as in the video above, i'm not "moved" by it... I much prefer the Lambo V10. But to each his own, right ;)

·
Registered
826 Posts
some tests show well over 600...(closer to 650)
so many cool things about that car. mirrored crank. two cyls firing at the same time at all times to even out the pressure on the crank...so at all times there are two exhaust and two iginition strokes going on...some crazy stuff...the pistons were small...i think smaller than two inches in diameter. the stroke was also less than 2 inches in diameter. it also had a two stage rolls royce blower. 135degree v.

and this was all designed in 1949!!!
Epic motor, isn't it... I have a drawing of the engine somewhere at home on my mac :)

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Epic motor, isn't it... I have a drawing of the engine somewhere at home on my mac :)
it is. i would love to throw that into a modern chassis with modern ignition (the biggest weak link in that engine) and a modern tranny with a modern blower....would do wonders.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts