Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about the looks of F-cars.

It seems the only 2 Ferraris that they deemed true beauties were the 458 and 355.

I am aware of the subjectivity and personal taste, but their attempt to imply that some of the F-cars in current and recent production is quite simply crimal (e.g. 360/430, 550/575, Testarossa...etc)

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
Yes but I agree on most (by far not all, but most) of what Clarksons says.

There are very few REALLY good looking Ferraris. I disagree with him on the 458 4 example.

·
Registered
583 Posts
they are somewhat biast too but it all ads into the show for the most part, just ignore clarkson when you know hes wrong or being irrational b/c he probaly is :) saying the 430 was ugly was just mean though

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I agree that Top Gear is a SHOW in the first place. But I must admit I think 430 looks too 'toy-ish' compared to 360. Except the Skud of course. Those bumpers man up the car a lot :)

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
I agree that Top Gear is a SHOW in the first place. But I must admit I think 430 looks too 'toy-ish' compared to 360. Except the Skud of course. Those bumpers man up the car a lot :)
yepp. just like a LP640 mans up the standard murci

·
Registered
51 Posts
there not biast, there painfully truthful mainly because the show is backed by public funds so they can pretty much say what they want. i have to agree that ferrari havent built many good looking cars in 25-30 years, personally i only find the 599 and the california attractive

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
i am not aware of the exact comments OP refers to, but...

most people do not know how to look at a car in an objective way (ignoring years, brand name, and other biases). Whenever a new Ferrari comes out, everybody says its the most beautiful Ferrari (and car) to date or close to it (which at one time might have been the case). The 458 is a great example of a rather ugly car that many will say looks great simply because its supposed to...(i'm talking looks here, obviously the 458 has amazing performance!)

I personally prefer the 360>430>458. In terms of Ferrari's BASE level V8 mid-engined cars, I would take a 328, 355, or 360 (maybe 430)...none of the other ones. just me I guess.

and I won't even give my opinions on Ferrari's modern front-engined V12 GT cars, 2+2 front-engined V12s or mid-engined V12 supercars, since most wouldn't care what I have to say. :D

·
Registered
788 Posts
I kind of agree with Clarkson even though they are tounge in cheek for entertainment. I am not really sold on the 458 just yet. The most recent F car I cant find an unbeautiful angle on is the 355 coupe. Apart from the F40 the 288GTO the 355 and the Daytona Spyder I really dont think alot of them are gorgeous. Interesting yes but not sexy. Most supercars are more jaw dropping than timelessly beautiful.

·
Registered
816 Posts
there not biast, there painfully truthful mainly because the show is backed by public funds so they can pretty much say what they want. i have to agree that ferrari havent built many good looking cars in 25-30 years, personally i only find the 599 and the california attractive
See, people have opinions, because the California in my book was one of the ugliest cars of the year. lol

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts