Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As part of the DI team, I thought I would share a recent article written by Todd Cooperider

What is a “Full Detail”? – Detailed Image

Discuss and give your thoughts if you would like. There are many facets of what a full detail consists of to me. A quick 2-3 hour job is more of a general cleaning rather than a full detailing. My thoughts on a full detail include at least one polishing step (if not 2-3) with claying and at least a light interior. a wash and wax "detail" is just a protection detail, not a full detail.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nooooooo....lol

because when someone says I want a full detail top to bottom, I assume they want a paint correction to 95%+, and all chrome polished and interior cleaned up (15-30hrs). so when I say 750+ and they say oh, I only wanted to spend $150 or so, obviously their idea of a full detail is different.

how is SC treatin ya man??? Pm me - never did anything with the alibaba stuff, got my money back though

·
Registered
52 Posts
in the most simple of terms Eric a "Full Detail" is exactly what your customers say it is LOL.
nooooooo....lol

because when someone says I want a full detail top to bottom, I assume they want a paint correction to 95%+, and all chrome polished and interior cleaned up (15-30hrs). so when I say 750+ and they say oh, I only wanted to spend $150 or so, obviously their idea of a full detail is different.

how is SC treatin ya man??? Pm me - never did anything with the alibaba stuff, got my money back though
I agree with Jake here, and I'm not bashing you in any way by agreeing with Jake.
But detailing is a labor intensive "service", and whatever the customer demands (within the detailer's abilities), constitutes a "full detail".
Many times people have no idea what "full detail" entails. Hell, some people don't even know that polishing and waxing are two different things, so when a customer says I want a "full detail", evaluate the customer first, ask them what they are trying to achieve with this detail, then quote them a price that is appropriate.
Remember, a "full detail" to detailers does not equal to a "full detail" to customers. Find out what your customers expect out of the detail before you quote them anything, don't scare potential customers away with $750 lol.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Always educate the customers on what the differences are. 90% of my customers (new) when they email or call, they say I need a 1 step polishing or a full correction. It all starts with 1 customer at a time and having them tell the next. Granted, what may look "good" in the average clients eyes may be not so good to me. Usually a vehicle inspection and talking to the customer for a few minutes you can tell what level of work they need and are looking for.

·
Registered
725 Posts
we have a exterior single stage polish I call our full detail. full due to it being, wash clay tape polish seal with noticeable (albiet not much as far as correciton goes sometimes) paint correction. Top to bottom, in and out, when asked of me from a customer, I always tell them "Our entry level exterior package with our entry level interior is $300 for a mid size vehicle" which usually sets our customers clear on our prices etc.

·
Registered
340 Posts
SC was alot of fun Eric. Headed to Oklahoma though for a whole new life changing venture. (posted in the business section) Good to hear you got your $$ back. I haven't really even messed with that site since you had you're issues with them.

And my point in saying that is the customer is always right... Even when they are flat out wrong and we all know it... They are handing over the cash LOL... So if they want a simple one step and want to call it a full detail so be it. It's just how it works really.. You can educate them all day long but 95% of them really don't care what you call it. they simply want a "clean" car for "X" amount of dollars spent.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts