Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Looks pretty good. As for the wing that is up to you, might get some flac from porsche purists but whatever. Looks like it has a solid sound system in it. And i love that style headlight.

Best money you can spend is getting a Per Purchase Inspection done though. That way you will know what you are getting yourself into.

With 1 day left you may not have time though, at 17k this thing is a steal, maybe it can be had for cheap... even with 88k miles, if it has been maintained properly that shouldn't matter...

·
Registered
509 Posts
Looks very clean and the setup is nice both exterior and interior..it will be a steal of a price at that mileage too, but will also tank in price more once it hits close to 100k just to keep in mind if thats a factor to you.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I was planning on waiting until spring to get a car because the winters here in Kansas can get pretty bad. This just seamed like a good deal to me. Im on the fence about this one as of now but though Id see what people with Porsche experience had to say :)

how bad do you think the price will tank when it hits 100,000? KBB and NADA rate the car out at close to 27,000. I know that doesnt mean a whole lot. Im just trying to figure if its worth it.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Have the service records run at Porsche make sure all the tsb's are done, and no rms issues...other than that it's pretty clean and good price.. I also rerun the auto check for you to make sure it's not fake...LOL all checked out..:) car still worth high 20's you should be good as far as resale..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have the service records run at Porsche make sure all the tsb's are done, and no rms issues...other than that it's pretty clean and good price.. I also rerun the auto check for you to make sure it's not fake...LOL all checked out..:) car still worth high 20's you should be good as far as resale..
How do I check all these? this will be my first car thats really worth a damn. :clap: and want to make sure my hard earned cash is going to something that i wont regret in 3 months.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
How do I check all these? this will be my first car thats really worth a damn. :clap: and want to make sure my hard earned cash is going to something that i wont regret in 3 months.
I didnt see the warranty part... you should be good then...

you can try calling service dept at Porsche, give them the vin and asked them if there was any major issue..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks, ill call in the morning.

He is suppose to be sending me a e-mail with all the warrenty information. When i called he gave me the old story how there has already been a guy in twice to look at it, but for that 20,500 price he sale it to me.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
the number one reason cheap early 996s are floating around..

good info.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
i have no clue....the only 996 i ever owned worked flawlessly

i am sure alex911 can tell you about the costs and such..he knows these cars well.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Also this was the year that saw the first big jump in production which is another reason why prices are so low...due to the supply in the market. BUT these are good cars, and for what you get not that bad on upkeep or day to day maintenance. Hard to go back once you have lived with one though, you will have porsches in the garage for a while, or at least that has been what happened to me.

Look at it this way, you could get a jetta for 17k or a porsche....

Edit the only model I have been told to be more leary of is the 99' models because of an issue with the 2 piece blocks I think it was???? but if inspected then they are good to go as well. The problems are much less than the number that are good to go.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Also this was the year that saw the first big jump in production which is another reason why prices are so low...due to the supply in the market. BUT these are good cars, and for what you get not that bad on upkeep or day to day maintenance. Hard to go back once you have lived with one though, you will have porsches in the garage for a while, or at least that has been what happened to me.

Look at it this way, you could get a jetta for 17k or a porsche....
lol, ive always loved the looks of a Porsche, and it would be a dream come true to have them in my garage for a very long time. I wish this deal would have come across in March or so. That would make a lot more sense for me to buy one then. If the price stays around 17, I will for sure get it. 20,500 would cut my gift giving for Christmas a little short this year.

·
Registered
21 Posts
for RMS issues and possibly having a PPI done beforehand, I'd recommend checking out Stephen Kaspar, formerly of imagine Auto. He's the national tech guy for 911 turbo's for the PCA. Not sure if his contact info on Panorama is still current, but here's his blog page where you may be able to contact him: PorschePhD, formally ImagineAuto Blog

·
Registered
65 Posts
I almost bought one like this 2 years ago and they were about the same price. Seems like they have held their value pretty well considering whats been going on lately.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts